“Best Western - Grand Rapids” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Algonquin, Illinois
“Best Western - Grand Rapids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Overall a very nice hotel. We would definately stay again. We just wish the parking lot was plowed better. We had the whirlpool room and did enjoy it. However, the City of Grand Rapids is horrible at plowing. Roads were snow covered and we didn't see many plows.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cameron C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your review! We always appreciate all guest feedback whether it be spectacular or something that we need to work on. We do look forward to your next stay with us, hopefully this time the snow will be a thing of the past!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Grand Haven, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel several times as it is close to airport and my flight leaves at 6:00 a.m. My last stay in February was the only time I ever had a problem. I did not receive my wake-up call and the shuttle was not reserved. The morning desk clerk was extremely apologetic and helpful. All turned out fine because I did not miss my flight. This hotel is very clean and spacious. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cameron C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. As you know we pride ourselves on trying to go above and beyond in respect to our customer service. I apologize that in this instance we failed to do that. I am very thankful that you did not miss your flight. We do have procedures in place to make sure no guest fails to receive their wake up calls and will be reviewing those to ensure that it doesn't happen again.
Muskegon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I liked the hotel overall. I was not happy that the pool area was closed and I was not told this before hand. However, they did have alternatives for a pool we could use. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was very happy with the condition of the room. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Diana,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I would like to apologize for the pool being down during your stay. We are putting the finishing touches on the pool renovation and it is going to look spectacular! We can't wait to have you back so that you can enjoy the pool without having to leave the hotel.
Holland, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Even though it's a little older, I was very comfortable, nice bedding and shower. The price was great and if staying during the week, they serve a dinner to guests!! The staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind words on your review. You'll be happy to know we are currently renovating parts of the hotel that have become dated. We are giving the entire pool area an update, as well as redoing the bathroom tile in each and every room. We can wait to have you stay with us in the future.
Big Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last night actually. First when we arrived I about slipped on the floor due to it being so wet, probably should of had a little sign up or something, than we got to our room was unloading all of our stuff, first impression was a very basic not really an updated suite. My daughter pulled out the bed to start making it and it was so old, it was yellow and indented in, so uncomfortable not even sleepable should be pulled out of there. So I went upfront the front desk was really nice, so we had to change rooms, load everything up and go to the next room and unload. It was subpar the room had some stains on carpet, it had 2 bathrooms but the tubs and such could use some updating also we didn't even shower or put girls in tub they weren't clean enough. The King bed was comfortable for the most part. We also had to call down our T.V. remote for either T.V. wouldn't work so they sent a guy down he was there for a few couldn't fix it our T.V. but fixed one, so we had to wait for another guy to come in. Needless to say it was awhile later and I called back down to see where the guy was and than a few minutes later he finally arrived, it was a little annoying that they didn't have our TVs working and than we had to switch rooms and wait on our TVs to be fixed, we paid for a suite expecting a little nicer room but the only difference was having a divider 2 TVS and 2 bathrooms, little disappointed in the room itself and the house keeping def needs to be revisited. There was a little girl who had written on lampshade and door and such so I had to tell them so we wouldn't be charged something housekeeping should of picked up on. The pool was nice and the hot tub was real hot but it would of been nice if there wasn't so much dirt on the bottom of it wasn't pleasant on our feet :) ! I also had put in my request line it was my daughters birthday (not really expecting much ) but it would have been nice a little note for her or something just to add a little something special (not required but its about the extra step of customer service that wins me over !!!! Front desk are really nice, but not sure I would stay here again. I really need to feel as if I am walking into a clean disinfected room with great customer services, especially with having a sick child for the first year of her life, I had my own disinfectant though thankfully :) There was also alot of highschool kids that came in which was fine but I heard a lot of foot steps through the night until around 12 or so.

Room Tip: Don't choose Room 129 especially if you plan on using the sleeper sofa to pull out it should be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give a review. I would like to sincerely apologize for the numerous issues you had during your recent stay. I promise you that we take all feedback very seriously and use it as a training tool for our entire staff. We have implemented numerous programs to prevent these issues in the future. I do hope you will give us a second chance to make a first impression.
Traverse City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had an okay stay at this hotel. It is a pet friendly hotel (which I am fine with) but the guest 2 rooms down left their dog and it cried for HOURS. We had to be up at 5 am to catch a flight. When we called the front desk to complain they offered to switch rooms. At that point we were unpacked and had our stuff out for the morning- WAY too much trouble to move. It was also very noisy. In addition, when we went to leave, the exterior door was drifted shut and my husband had to shovel the sidewalk himself to get to the car. It might eb an okay hotel under different circumstances. It was close to a lot of things and clean. The heater was VERY loud as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review and my apologies for the delay in responding. I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. As a pet friendly hotel, we do occasionally run into the challenges of barking dogs. I also understand your not wanting to move at that time of night. I also completely understand the frustration of us not having the sidewalks cleared. I promise that we have been putting a greater emphasis on that as well. I do hope you'll choose us again in the future.
Minneapolis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here two nights in February 2014, but should have checked out right away. First, there was a terrible smell in the lobby when I arrived, and it seeped into the hallways and my room. The pool looked like it had something growing on the surface and was closed for maintenance, so maybe it was a mold problem. But for me the bigger issue was that the back hotel entrance door was broken and stayed open the whole time I was there. I let the front desk know, but it still wasn't fixed by the time I left. This is a big hotel with a lot of corridors, and anyone could have walked in and been waiting in the stairwell. As a female, I won't stay at a hotel that doesn't make safety a top priority.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cameron C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
First I would like to thank you for staying with us and reviewing our property. Although negative reviews are something that we don't like to see, it does provide us with an opportunity to solve what is wrong. In this case, the odor was in fact part of the pool issues you witnessed during your stay. We have been working with our pool supplier and those issues have been resolved. As far as the back door, we do take safety and security of our guests with the utmost seriousness. We had been waiting on an ordered part which has also been fixed. I do apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and promise you that your comments have not been ignored.

Been to BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!