“Not my first time in this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Newport, NC
“Not my first time in this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I return to this hotel for a reason whenever I go to Grand Rapids. The service is great, the rooms are clean and pleasant, and I never feel scared there. The breakfast is not really as good as it used to be but it is still very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachael L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review! We love when our guests are happy, and I am glad to see that you had a wonderful time at our hotel. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to call us at 616-949-8400.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bath, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been on business trips many times over the past year and a half when in Grand Rapids and find this staff to be the most friendly and courteous that I have ever seen in any motel that I have stayed in the United States.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachael L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mark,
You are awesome! We LOVE having you here! When I came back as a General Manager, I was so glad to see you were still staying. All of my staff know you and enjoy having you stay with us while you are in Grand Rapids. You are in our list of top favorite guests (sorry everyone else, haha)! Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to review our property! I don't know if I told you or not, but Best Western Rewards members who post reviews on Trip Advisor get 500 bonus points from my property. Thank you for being a member and for being our guest. You will see your points on your account today. You rock!
See you soon!
-Cyrena
Saint Clair, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very welcoming desk and lobby with a very warm receptionist. Room had been upgraded to a suite at no additional cost and was very comfortable. Close to expressways and local attractions. Very well insulated or very quiet guests or both, for it was a very pleasant stay, and very quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael K,
Thank you so much for staying at our Best Western Hotel! Thank you also for the great online review. I love to hear that my guests are having a great stay. If you ever come back to Grand Rapids, please do not hesitate to call us while you are here. We would be grateful to have you stay with us again! Also, I looked it up and I see that you are a Best Western Rewards Member, so please look for your bonus points today on your account for sharing a review with our guests.
Happy Travels,
Waukegan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The bed was great. The room was clean. The pool is large as is the hot tub. Brann's next door was great to eat and watch sports. Breakfast is a normal good hotel breakfast. Too few tables though to sit down and eat on the weekend. I would definitely stay again. The hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family was in town for the day. James (manager) was very friendly over the phone and when we arrived.
We're looking forward to staying there again. We also booked an additional room. The king suite is great for a family ( plenty of room) with 2 TV's and bathrooms.

• Stayed August 2013
Best_Western_23161, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Joy,
Thank you for your review of our property. We try our best to ensure that guests each day are receiving the best in customer care. I am happy to hear that you had a great time at our hotel and that James helped you during your stay. I would love to have you come back next time you stay in Grand Rapids. Please call us any time that you need something here in town.
Wishing you great travels,
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I first moved to Grand Rapids and didn't have a place to live. I was here for a couple of weeks.
I can only say positive things about this place. The staff was wonderful-- friendly and helpful. The rooms were good. Nothing extraordinary but clean and modern.
This room was booked through Hotwire, and in my review, I told them it was better than the 2.5 stars they were given.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Best_Western_23161, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Rick M,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I am excited that you took the time to let everyone know what a great time that you had at our property. If you need a getaway, come back and see us. We would love to have you!
Best Travels,
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at this location while on our way to Mackinac Island. When we arrived we were treated with excellent hospitality by Amy at the front desk. She was very kind and friendly, making you feel welcome. Our reservation was a two room suite. The king bed was comfortable. Both the living room with a full sofa sleeper were very clean and well maintained. I truly have no complaint regarding our room at all. Our teen daughter thoroughly enjoyed having the living room area with a 42 in. flat screen all to her self ( and her own bathroom), while we enjoyed watching what we desired on the 42 in. flat screen in the bedroom. Amazingly even though there was not a door the different channels on the T.V.s was not a distraction, I couldn't even hear the one in the living room. WIFI was not slow. We did not use the pool area however looking in the area was clean and inviting.
The only reason I did not give this location a 5 (excellent rating) was due to the Breakfast. it is the standard breakfast, the selections was average at best. We had cereal and a apple. The area where the food is located makes moving about very difficult as it is just a very tight location. As a general rule reality is that most of the free breakfast are average at best no matter where the location. All in all this would not deter me from staying here again and I would most certainly high recommend this lcoation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rachael L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on our web site. It was wonderful of you to recognize one of our new employees, Amy, for her great service. We really love to hear that our culture of friendship extends out to our guests as well. If you ever come to Grand Rapids again, please give us a call and we would love to reserve your room here at our hotel.
Wishing you wonderful travels,
Cyrena Johnson, GM

Been to BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!