Looking at some of the past reviews, you will see some very positive and some very negative accounts of this hotel. After spending two nights here, I can see how that happens: there are some very good and some quite poor aspects of this hotel.
Let's start with check-in. After traveling, it's always nice to see a desk attendant who is cheerful and smiling. I don't mind if they are busy, i just like to have the impression that I am walking into a nice place and the appearance of the front desk goes a long way with that. When I arrived, there was no one in front of me, and he was able to get right to me. I tried to pleasant as I always do, but he was clearly more interested in giving me a key as quick as possible so he could go back to doing whatever he was doing. Clearly this "Steve", written about two reviews below, had the day off.
As far as the room is concerned, it was cleaned and prepared well by housekeeping. The bed is comfortable, and I got two good nights of sleep. Unfortunately, the first night of sleep was a little too good, because the wake up call I requested (to the person who checked me in) was never given to me. I was still able to get where I needed to be on time, so I could accept that mistakes happen. I'm not big on needing a large breakfast. If there's some kind of food there, I'm fine, and there was, so breakfast is good.
The pool was very nice, other areas could be better maintained. Again, a hit and a miss.
At check-out, my experience was far better then at checkin. Jackie (I think?) was very pleasant and courteous, and thanks to her, this hotel gets three stars from me and not two.
The moral of the story is that this hotel has some serious inconsistencies going on. Usually, that points to issues at the managerial level. Regardless, I would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel Grand Rapids
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Best Western
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of the BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites will be pleased to find that each well-appointed guestroom and suite includes satellite television with HBO®, a refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Other amenities at this Grand Rapids hotel include a complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning, free dinner every Monday through Thursday, a sparkling indoor heated swimming pool; largest in the area, hot tub and a complimentary airport shuttle service to the Gerald R Ford International Airport - located just three miles away. Proud to be the closest BEST WESTERN to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, named one of the world’s 30 Must See Museums by Patricia Schultz, author of 1000 Places to See Before you Die. Meijer Gardens is home to Butterflies are Blooming and Christmas Around the World and Grand Rapids Art Prize Annual exhibitions.Business guests of the BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites will also appreciate this Grand Rapids hotel's close proximity to local businesses including the Grand Rapids Medical Mile. The Medical Mile is home to the Grand Rapids Community College Calkins Science Center, Spectrum Health’s Butterworth Hospital Complex, Grand Valley State university’s Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, and Michigan State University Secchia Center Medical School. The BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites is close to Amway, Meijer, Cascade Engineering and Steelcase Headquarters. The Best Western is centrally located within minutes to over 100 restaurants’, many of them participating popular Annual Restaurant Week.Specializing in hosting sports teams, the BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites' location near Aquinas, Calvin, Cornerstone, Davenport and Grand Rapids Community Colleges. Located only minutes from Patterson Ice Arena, Soccer Spot, MVP Field House (directly across the street),and AMF Eastbrook Lanes Bowling Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.