“Amazing Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Newark, Delaware
“Amazing Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here during the North Americsn Brass Band Association Championships. I was given a room in the newer "tower" side of the hotel which was a handicapped room. There was also some construction/renovation going on in that part of the building, which was interfering with my afternoon nap. I asked to be moved to a different room, so they moved me to a BEAUTIFUL room in the historic side of the hotel and were incredibly nice about it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Swartz Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Amway. The view from our room was beautiful. The room was clean and beautiful. I loved the large bath sheets and the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located, with plenty of things to do nearby. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Clinton Township
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Visited Grand Rapids for a conference with 3 colleagues... the front desk staff was very accommodating to our request to be given rooms on 1 floor. I did not get a king bed but was given a corner room... I love a lot of windows... Choose the tower side if you prefer a more modern decor. It was a very quiet night... Love coffee so having Starbucks onsite was a plus. Everyone I dealt with from front desk, bellhop, valet staff, to doorman all were so kind and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carrie S, Manager at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us while you were visiting Grand Rapids! I am glad that you enjoyed our Starbucks, and the beautiful views from our corner Tower Rooms. Thank you for taking note of our tremendous staff - we are fortunate enough to have such wonderful staff members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

At your service,

Carrie
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love this place, came here for a competition from my high school. Wasn't sure what to expect but I looked at photos prior to staying, needless to say it was a truly amazing stay. I had the classic room with one king bed. I came in and it was very clean and the bathroom was newly renovated and lovely accessories (of course shampoo) such as a shower cap and a needle kit. The bed was very comfy. The staff was also very sweet. Stayed the weekend (Fri-Sun) and didn't leave the hotel. Ate at the Cornucopia around 3 times. Had the Pesto Turkey Panini for lunch, as well as the Athens Pizza and Ham & Cheese Omelet croissant sandwich. They were made quickly, very fresh and it was all so delicious. It was also available to-go which was nice. Also, there was a nice Starbucks I went to 3 times. Needless to say very nice staff! The Lobby and chandeliers were just so beautiful, Only thing I can complain about is the wifi was not working well, it was a bit disappointing but I was on the 9th floor and I just had the best time ever!!! Thank You again <3

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Canton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love the Amway Grand! whether it's pure pleasure or business, there's not another hotel like it. The wonderful smiling service, the food, the location in the heart of Grand Rapids...I would rather stay here than anywhere else! Pricey, but worth every penny! Visit during Art Prize for a real treat!

Room Tip: I love the older section's decor.
Green Features: As with many hotels, there are towels and sheets options to reduce stress on the environment.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I just want to say that every hotel manager in the buisness needs to stay one night in this hotel. The staff and owners really get it. The doors are quiet and you never know the staff are anywhere around your room. I want to thank Gil and Ryan on the 3rd shift team for everything. If you go to Grand Rapids treat yourself and stay at The Amway!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking note about of our tremendous staff - we are very fortunate to have such sincere and dedicated staff members. We are quite flattered by your very kind words. We look forward to having you again soon!

At your service,

Carrie
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

As an architect, I'm kinda prissy about cities and the cool-ness factor. GRAND RAPIDS IS VERY COOL. I had NO IDEA; Just go there, I cannot begin to tell you about all the things you will find. Also, go to the beaches, but avoid the towns. Surprisingly, you will have to pay for admittance so bring a charcoal grill , sneak in some local brew, and make a sunset night of it! The Amway was OK+ for my spouse's convention. Nice, quiet room. No perks- like coffee. Nice hotel in a great location. Best part was that our bellhop told me about the best islands for snorkeling/diving. Very nice people all around at the hotel. Again, I was WOWED with the city.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Amway Grand Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!