“JUst Bad” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Ada, Michigan
“JUst Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was just not a good experience all the way around for my family and I. WEnt on a Sunday evening and the hos wanted to seat us right by the NOISY kitchen when the restaurant was less than half empty. REally? WE asked to be seated away from the kitchen and were given a dirty look. After we were seated it took quite some time for anyone to come over to our tabe and take our drink orders. After the drinks came, she left and think she took a vaction. After a bit of a wait, the server shows up and took our order. Firstly, this eatery trys to come off as posh and chich but really it's not all that. The olive oil that they have on the tables is the lowest quality and is NOT extra viiirgin olive oil . THey stuff herbs and rosemary in the bottle to do what I can only guess. IT was n a word :"Disgusting". YOU have to ask for bread and thy snark at your request and come out with this teeny tiny little plate with 4 half pieces of bread. I almost walked at that point. TOok our order and keep in mind that everything on the menu is ala carte. YOU want a salad with your mail:that's extra. YOU want potato,extra. YOU get the idea. M daughter ordered the turkey sandwich and it came with pasta salad that was served hot luke warm with some sort of green slop over it. THe turkey was actually pressed turkey and not fresh turkey or even deli quality turkey. I was blown away. She couldn' eat any of t because it made her sick to her stomach after trying it. MY husband ordered the pasta and it was prety unedible as well with over the top random seasoning and mini portion. He didn't eat half of it because he started to feel upset. MIne was the panko chicken with potatoes and grilled veggies. THis was the Worst of the 3. MY mashed potatoes were old and obvioulsy cooked and re cooked and recooked. THey were greyish brown and as I sit here am feeling sick to my stomach. The so called grilled vegetables had FREEZER BURN around the edges. THey obvioulsy cut them and keep huge ammounts frozen and take them out as needed. Mre old old old old food. Just GROSS and not edible!. THe service is another story. THe server takes her trips to disapear land and shows up with disgusting jold food . I'm sure the healthdepartment would not be pleased to know that this place serves old out dated food that is grey and has freezer burn issues. THe rices are out of control crazy for a product that is something i would not even expect from a low end diner. JUst Bad. If there was a 0 (Zero) rating that is what this dump would get. If you want to enjoy a delicious meal and are ok with spending , don't go here. Made each of us sick.gross

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
bluewaterpr, Public Relations Manager at Blue Water Grill, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Our sincere apologies that your recent visit did not exceed your expectations. We will make every effort to ensure your next visit is amazing.

81% Recommend
Rockford, Michigan, United States
“Blue Water Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I really enjoy the atmosphere at Blue Water Grill and the staff is very friendly and responsive. I've never had a meal that I didn't like and I think it is priced appropriately. On a side note I really appreciate the quality of the men's bathroom and that is not something I normally consider...

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“One of my favs in GR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Always good food in a great environment whether its a cold day and you need the warmth of their fireplace or a nice day and you want a great view of the lake (quarry). The food is always solid with a good selection of food. Good drink list, great happy hour options and a nice staff. Definitely worth a stop if your in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Always A Positive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Blue Water is splurge restaurant for me, but I always enjoy it.

I've never had any issues with the wait staff and love that the kitchen is open, so I can see everything going on.

I've had sandwiches, pasta, and regular dinners, and am always impressed with the food there. The apps that I've tried have been good and the desserts are excellent (the strawberry shortcake is big enough for two)

I enjoy the atmosphere is great- you have a great view of the lake, can sit outside in the summer, or can go to the basement which is a wine cellar.

I'd suggest it to anyone wanting nice, but not stuffy, meal outside of downtown

Visited October 2012
Michigan
“Deck and food is worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Blue Water Grill is a popular place, especially on nice sunny days. Most days there is a wait for dinner if you arrive after 6. The food is a nice variety. I appreciate the servers knowledge of the menu items, and suggestions for the picky eaters in our group.

Visited October 2012