“Solid food everytime” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Solid food everytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

A local place that we go to regularly. Pretty diverse menu with some ever changing seasonal items. Good beers on tap. One of my few complaints is that it gets pretty loud in there b/c of the acoustics and sometimes converastions beome a bit tough. I recommend the ribs. Very good. Have had numerous things on the menu and they have all been good. Always a good choice.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sparta
“A good, casual restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

About once every two months I have lunch with some other retired teachers here. There is a good variety of choices, primarily of the soup and sandwich area, but also fish and chips. Service is good. It can be a little noisy at times, but service has always been good. We feel perfectly comfortable lingering for two hours over lunch, just catching up on what each of us is doing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jenison
“One of our favorite casual restaurants in the GR area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We think all of the food that we've tried was very satisfactory. I would recommend it to anyone. We've eaten there three times, and have never been unhappy. Very noisy in the bar area; ask to be seated on the porch. Every meal that we ordered was enough to be shared. I highly recommend the pork chops. Plan on a doggie bag. The prices are reasonable.
Ron and Violet

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitehall, Michigan
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

The food was alright but the waitress wasn't the most courteous. Towards the end before my family and I were going to leave, the waitress refills my glass with water up to not even half way, which wasn't a problem because she told me she would go get some more. I waited patiently thinking she was going to come back to refill my glass the rest of the way but never ended up happening. I thought she could have at least told me how long of a wait it would be or that they ran out and needed to get more. Although it seems like water would always be available rather than say alcoholic beverages and even soda. Customer service is a big deal to me and when something like this happens it's a turn off for me. The food can be excellent and unless you have friendly, customer service then it just makes visiting a restaurant less pleasant. Of course this is my opinion.

• 3 of 5 stars Food