“#1 Recommendation for GR!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Muskegon, MI
“#1 Recommendation for GR!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

It can be hard to find a nice hotel at a decent price. However, Country Inn & Suites is a GREAT hotel- with reasonable rates! It is conveniently located on the East Beltline and 96. There is a Meijer just down the road if you happened to forget anything, but the hotel has an extensive list of toiletries (even things like pantyhose!) available to you if you need them. One of my friends had trouble finding their way to the hotel, but when they called the front desk graciously helped them out with directions.

From the minute I walked in, I was impressed. The foyer is impeccably clean, and stunning. Someone else was being helped at the desk when I arrived, but I was greeted warmly regardless. Another employee heard me being greeted and came out from the office to check me in. The room was spacious and CLEAN. I remember looking and the countertop and thinking it was wet, but when I touched it I realized it was just so clean it sparkled. The beds were comfortable (with plenty of pillows!) and were a welcome retreat at the end of our night. Our suite came with a fridge and a microwave, which both came in handy during our stay.We also had two sizable flat-screen TVs. No HD on the TVs, but that's the least of my worries when I'm traveling.

My favorite find during my stay- the bathroom toiletries! Sounds funny, I know, but I really appreciated finding brand name shampoo, conditioner, and lotion that I was familiar with as opposed to bland, cheap toiletries. My hair wasn't dried out and the lotion actually absorbed into my skin.

First we went to dinner at Malarky's which shares a parking lot with Country Inn. You get 10% off of your bill if you bring your room key! Then we went to downtown Grand Rapids for the evening, it only took us a few minutes by car to get there. Because we weren't familiar with the area, we stopped at the front desk and asked for directions- again the staff was very willing to help and friendly.

Breakfast the next morning was hot and satisfying! Definitely a nice change from the typical cold continental. Check out wasn't until noon (LOVE!), and when we did check out all we had to do was leave the keys in the room and call the desk to let them know we were leaving. No need to worry about juggling bags and going to the front desk. This will definitely be my first choice when returning to Grand Rapids- thank you Country Inn & Suites!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
CX_GAMI, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
Thank you so much for your review. It is reviews like that will help us grow.

Sarah DeRooy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bruce Co.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I traveled to Grand Rapids on business and took my wife and two children along for the trip. This hotel has all the amenities necessary for a business stay. It also has a warm and comfortable lodge like foyer which gives the place a family feel. Were I away from home and using Grand Rapids as a base for a few days, this place has a relaxing friendliness which would help blunt the edge of being on the road.

The rooms are nicely sized. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast was the standard fare for this level of hotel.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

My stay at this hotel was wonderful! The beds were very comfortable. I had a maid that took very good care of the room. The staff was very accomodating and exceedingly friendly!

South East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

I have stayed in a large range of hotels--price points from about $50 to well over $500 per night. This hotel had by far the best value: very high quality in every way, and an unbeatable room rate. The icing on the cake is their small museum dedicated to the men and women of their area who had served in the armed services across our nation's history.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Great place for a business traveler who wants to relax after a rough day. Quiet and Secure with a great ambiance and within a short drive of a number of good restaurants, Not your normal quick pit stop motel. Nice features with lots of space.

michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

Stayed at this hotel during our daughters recent wedding weekend. It was easy on and off the highways and close to the reception area. Grand Rapids Malls were a short 2 miles away.Very friendly staff that made us feel very welcome and they helped us with any requests. Breakfast was included and was good. It was a pleasure to stay in this family friendly clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

We were there for only a short time, to sleep and for breakfast. There were many services we didn't have time to experience. We heard no neighboring occupants, not even people passing in the hallway. We would definitely stay here again and try to take advantage of all they had to offer. The breakfast room was spacious and pleasant. The only unappealing item was the unnaturally yellow, round eggs as part of the breakfast choices.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!