“Clean, friendly and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Clean, friendly and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice stay. Friendly staff. We needed a 2:00 check out. They couldn't do that, that's the only reason this isn't higher. But we were able to get a 1:00 check out. Love the fresh cookies. The tub was small but the room was big.

• Stayed December 2013
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear PeaceMother,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback on the late check out time. Noon is our normal check out time for departures. Because check in time is at 3pm, sometimes we're unable to schedule later check out time requests because of our availability and occupancy of the hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience, I'll talk with my staff about your comments. Thank you very much for your comments on the cookies! I know our breakfast attendants will love hearing you enjoyed them. If you're in the area again, we would be happy to have you back with us again!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Clean rooms and facility Friendly, courteous staff Breakfast was very good with a large selection of items Hot tub was too hot
Room was also warm and dry for sleeping
Easy checkout
I would stay here again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Debora,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'll let our staff know of your nice kind comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My family and I traveled to Grand Rapids, MI for a winter wedding. 11 of us stayed at the hotel. Our party had children, they loved the pool and cookies! Nice breakfast and staff. The location worked out well. Fantastic trip!

The staff suggested Bagger Dave's, the food and drinks were wonderful.

The parking lot could have been plowed/shoveled a little better, but that seemed to be a trend throughout the City of Grand Rapids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear tmlovejoy06,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Bagger Dave's. They have a great menu and I've always liked how you can build your own burger. Thank you very much for you feedback!

Bedford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I found this room online because my work Christmas party was in downtown Grand Rapids. By cab ride, it was only 10 minutes away. The staff was more than willing to help with anything needed, checked in on me by phone about 10 minutes after arrival to ensure the rooms were okay, and always friendly when passing by. Felt very safe and it was very clean. I have obsessive compulsive disorder and visited a few of the rooms that my coworkers were staying in and found them all to be very clean and well put together. I will definitely stay there next year too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lindsey746,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm glad we were able to accommodate you for the Christmas party! I hope we will see you again soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was visiting Grand Rapids for the first time, for my sister's wedding reception. This hotel was nearly perfect. The staff were very professional and friendly--every one of them from the front desk to the maid service. There were coffee and cookies in the lobby. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast food was fine. Coffee was great. Breakfast was ok, not great. You should stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear tucknorris,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your comments very much. I'll let our staff know of your comments on the breakfast and coffee. Come back again soon!

Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked my travel plans on Oct 1st to make sure we got a good deal and a room. On the morning of travel Charyl called to confirm my reservation, glad she did I booked the wrong room type. She fixed it no problem. Apon check in the ooutside area was clean and inviting, the front lobby was warm and comfortable, clean and inviting as well. Debra checked me in with no problems, offered me the cookies and hot apple cidar. Our room was clean and very nice. Bathroom was clean, beds were comfortable. Had a problem with the tv in the master bedroom but that was an easy fix. Took the I kids swimming, the pool are was clean and refreshing. The kids loved it, plenty of towels. The game room was clean, the kids also like the military history on the wall. The elevators was fast and also clean. Later on that night I ordered pizza, they told me 21-31 MIN. after 40min Ian called the pizza place to find out what was going on, had a nice conversation with Ian, he is superb. The breakfast was hot a delicious, but the only thing I have a problem with is the bacon, why was it smashed into little peices, I like bacon stripes so do other people. Check out was a breeze Haley was very pleasant and asked how are stay was. The front staff was awesome. The housekeeping lady for our floor was awesome aswell. If you are planning a trip to GR, you have to stay here they make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Doug,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate your nice kind comments on our staff! I'll let, Cheryl, Debra, and Haley know of your kind comments. I'll let my breakfast attendants know of your feedback as well. If you're in the area again Doug we would love to have you back!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our son attends nearby Calvin College and plays on their hockey team. We have tried several area hotels, but we feel that the accommodations, breakfast, and, friendly service all for a reasonable price make your hotel our first choice for the frequent visits that we will be making to the area. We wil definitely recommend your hotel to other hockey parents who travel to the games.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynn,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you stayed with a hockey group at our hotel. We've had some great teams over the years. I hope we will see you next time your travel team comes to the area, Lynn!

Front Office Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!