“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We found this place to be a wonderful bargain and place to stay. Accommodations were very clean and the staff was very courteous and helpful in pointing out places to visit In the area. Food was great and full breakfast included each day! Their pool and exercise area were beautiful. I would definitely return here again.

Sharon U

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Sharon,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll let our maintenance manager know of your comments on the pool and exercise room. He takes great care of them with his staff. Come back again soon!

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Friendly staff - very nice property and a very good location make this a preferred place to stay. The special armed services memorial in the lower level is beautifully done and well worh the extra time to see.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Darcy,

Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property! I'll let our owner know that you appreciated the Armed Services display case.

southeast Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We see this hotel every time we travel through Grand Rapids on I-96. It's a great place to stay. The front desk staff are very helpful, and know the area well to provide recommendations for places to visit or restaurants to eat at.

The breakfast is really good, with fresh fruit, oatmeal, egg dish of some kind, and make-your-own waffles.

First time I've seen a pool in the lower level, but it's a good fit. You don't see people walking around the front desk in their swimsuits. The lower level has a laundry room and fitness room as well.

What I liked best about this location was the quiet, firm beds, and up-to-date furnishings in the rooms. My only recommendation is bigger pillows.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Deborah,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll let the front desk staff and the breakfast staff know of your comments! I like the location of the pool as well, it gives guests a nice location without having to go through the lobby. I'll let our housekeeping manager know of your comments on the pillows!

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We selected this hotel because its location was convenient for visiting family. Being situated on a busy freeway was nice for access, but I could hear traffic all night long even though we were on a higher floor. Check-in was smooth. Our room - a king - was all fine but not noteworthy. It was basically clean enough and an average size but not particularly comfortable. The loveseat may have been the hardest seating surface I have ever had in a motel. The bed, also, was unusually hard for a hotel. We made a brief visit to the breakfast room; the staff appeared to be keeping it cleaner than most. Breakfast was of the upgraded included breakfast variety. There were no newspapers. We availed ourselves of the express checkout, which I always appreciate. I would not hesitate to stay here again when in the area but would probably shop around a bit first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear JJTOH,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate all of your feedback; especially on the check in and the room. I will let my front desk staff know of your comments and I will let my housekeeping manager read over your feedback on the room. I apologize for the lack of newspapers. Depending on the day, we have USA Today available on weekdays and then the Grand Rapids Press is out in the press box in the rear entrance for about $1.25 on weekends. Sometimes we have extra USA Today's available on weekends but it is usually older news. We keep them available at the front desk per guests request. If you are coming back to the area, give us a call! Call other hotels as well and see what they offer. We would be delighted to have you back!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Grand Rapids. Really hospitable front desk, a good breakfast and clean rooms. I have never had a problem with noise and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. They actually want to provide you with excellent service! That is something you don't find everywhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Janice,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We're always happy to assist you! Come back again soon, Janice!

Grand Rapids
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice room, excellent breakfast, but noise from the freeway interrupted my sleep. There was no shuttle service offered by the inn from the airport (midnight flight arrival). All of the car rental companies at the airport were closed at that hour, so renting a car was not an option. One person at the inn recommended a transportation service that would cost $75. We were lucky to catch the last trip by a taxi at $30.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear John,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments very much. If you are ever uncomfortable during your stay please don't hesitate to call the front desk. We would be happy to move you to the other side of the building, provide a fan, whatever you need. Cabs usually cost around $30, I'm glad that price was correct. We do have a shuttle, but it only operates for groups and at a rate of $75. I believe that is what my front desk clerk might have spoken with you about. I apologize for the confusion. Normally we do not do shuttle runs to the airport. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, John! I'll let our housekeeping manager know of your comments on the room as well. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email me. I would be happy to assist you.

Amherst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very comfortable room. Accessible as requested. Excellent breakfast - best we had on a two-week trip. If we visit Meijer Garden again we will stay at this hotel. One suggestion - try to arrive in daylight - we found access at night to be very tricky.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!