“Very Comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Very Comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this property as a layover on our way home from a camping trip. We stayed in a suite room and it was just lovely. The whole place is sparkling clean and the bed is more comfy than mine at home! After the long camping trip the large tub was just the thing for relaxing! Breakfast is delicious!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Brook,

I'm happy to hear we were able to take care of you after the camping trip! Come back again soon! We will be here for you.

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Indy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel but nothing spectacular. Large rooms and very nice breakfast. Great location close to Meijer gardens. The hall were a bit musty. Very nice front desk people and the hotel had nice bouquets of dahlias for the dahlia society that was there

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Indysig,

Thank you so much for your nice kind comments! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property! Come back again soon!

Anoka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Room was clean and comfortable. Has a fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast area is large and inviting. The staff were kind and helpful. It was quite and comfortable. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor in the corner by the staircase and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Syneva,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments about our property! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Come back again soon!

Oakland Township, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

There was a convention downtown, so when we had to be in Grand Rapids for 3 days, this was the closest hotel we could find. It's only about 5-7 minutes out of the downtown area, and we were very pleasantly surprised! The staff was very polite, friendly and professional - all absolutely necessary traits in dealing with weary (sometimes cranky!) travelers. Breakfast was above average fare, but most importantly, the staff was quick to keep the coffee urns filled and fresh...yea! Even when we pulled out early (think 4:30 a.m.) there was a fresh pot right next to the front desk, along with Nutri-Grain bars and bananas since breakfast was 90 minutes away.

This hotel is just a ten minute walk (or 3 minute drive) to the Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park where we spent almost an entire day.

The pool/hot tub area, along with the workout room were all nice, especially after a long day of being in the car, or walking the DeVos convention hall for 8 hours. There is a GREAT patriotic display in the Lower Level (where the pool area is) that is dedicated to all those who served. Nicely done, and is apparently updated regularly.

My only complaint of the entire stay would be that the beds are comfortable, but there is some kind of protection on the mattresses that creaks a little, like plastic or rubber.

Room Tip: Would definitely ask for rooms on the top 2 floors (4th & 5th) as there was no road noise, even...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Beth,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. I like our coffees too. We have several different kinds and they are always available! Along with cookies and fresh fruit. Come back again soon!

Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is right by the exit from I-96. I've seen it for years as I've driven by on the way to Frederik Meijer Gardens, so when I recently decided to spend the night in Grand Rapids, it was my first choice. I was not disappointed. There is a spacious parking lot, and if you park in the back, you can enter through double-doors that are conveniently located right by the elevators. Our room was on the fourth floor, and it was immaculate. It was at the back of the hotel, so we never heard any road noise and it was peaceful throughout the night. The pool is on the lower level, and it was o.k., but nothing special. There were chairs all around it, and just a narrow walking area on each side of it. I felt like I was in danger of tumbling into it when I took a seat near the shallow end while my son was swimming. I had good WIFI access in my room and by the pool. Although I didn't use it, I could see the exercise area near the pool and it looked like a nice area, too.

The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. There was a sink in the bathroom and another sink outside the bathroom, which I really liked because it meant more than one person could get ready for the day at the same time. My only unpleasant note about this hotel was a lot of noise early in the morning. We had gone to sleep late, hoping to sleep in a little, since we were on vacation. (*We missed the free breakfast since it is only served until 9:30.) However, even though we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, the maids were loud outside our room, and they were playing loud music as they cleaned nearby rooms.

I would stay here again. I was treated politely by the front desk staff. The entire hotel was in great condition and everything was clean. The elevators were fast and there is even an interesting military display on the lower level by the elevators. It is clear that the management takes great care in the appearance of this hotel.

Dear Skye9988,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! You have such a descriptive review of our property. I apologize for the issue with housekeeping and music. I'll make sure my housekeeping manager is aware of your feedback. I hope if you're in the area again anytime soon you can stay with us again!

Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wonderful hotel - comfortable bed, spacious and quiet room, friendly and competent front desk staff, fabulous free breakfast and round-the-clock chocolate chip cookies, clean pool and hot tub, even a small fitness room -what more could you expect?! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Grand Rapids. This is our new favorite chain!

Room Tip: We were on the back side, but traffic noise from I96 was not a problem. Even next to the stairwell...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Michigan Mom,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad we're your new favorite brand! Come back again soon!!

Factoryville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This Country Inn was a mile or two down the road from a lot of other hotels, but we saved over twenty dollars by that mile or two. Nonetheless, the rooms (we stayed in a two room suite) were clean and comfortable, a real refuge after busy days. The breakfast was tasty with a great variety of offerings and though the hotel was full, we were never bothered by noise...and did I mention the cookies and coffee or tea available every afternoon. We will always look here first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Carol Retired,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad we were able to get you a great value on your room too. Come back again soon if you're in town!

Front Office Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!