“great place to stay, super close to Meijer gardens” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Flushing, Michigan
“great place to stay, super close to Meijer gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here during butterfly exhibit - can't beat the location. It will take you minutes to get to Frederik Meijer gardens. Room was spotless (believe me, I'm super weird about germs) and just what I like - had a fridge and the room layout was great.

Room Tip: A great place to stay - in addition, the restaurant in front of the hotel offers a 15% discount if y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank killerseafood
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Killerseafood,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Meijer Gardens is a great place to visit. Come back during Art Prize! They have a lot more pieces and some are only available for a limited time too. Come back again soon!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three days and really enjoyed it! Our room had a king size bed which was very comfortable! Bathroom and room was good size and very clean! Breakfast room is very big, nice selections of things to eat. They have fresh baked cookies also at the counter for you! There is a restaurant right by the hotel but just down the street there is a ton of great restaurants to choose from along with a really nice movie theater. We felt this hotel was a great location for us as we took little day trips to South Haven, Grand Haven and Ludington! We will diffently be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank 1bunbun
Dear 1bunbun,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Grand Rapids certainly is a good hub for day trips around the area. Next time you're in town, check out Saugatuck and Fennville. Fennville is a perfect little down for day trips. They have some fantastic restaurants too. Come back again soon!

Peru, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were not disappointed this was one of the cleanest and friendliest place we have ever stayed. My husband and sister loved the free cookies. I loved the pool and hot tub also the free breakfast was really good fresh fruit eggs,bacon and so much more. The staff were also the friendliest and the most helpful people we have met in a long time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank willieboy1
Dear Willieboy1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate your comments on the staff and breakfast very much! I'll make sure our staff reads over your review!

Midland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We reserved a standard room with one king bed. It comes with sofa, fridge and microwave. The room is big enough for 2 beds, so nice open space between sofa and desk.

Only 2 things I would add to this room. 1) a small side table on the non-bed side of the sofa (there's already one between the bed and the sofa.). 2) a floor light in the corner between the sofa and the wall so that good reading light was available for those who would rather read than watch TV.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charles819
Dear Charles819,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I appreciate your comments on having an extra side table and floor lamp. I'll let my housekeeping manager know of your comments!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first trip to Grand Rapids, as I had a series of business meetings to attend. The Country Inn was recommended as a place to stay, and I was not disappointed. Right from check-in, all the way to check-out,I was extremely pleased with how attentive and polite the staff was during my stay.
The room was great... clean, quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. I had a very restful night.
The breakfast room was quite large, with lots of choice for eating. Whether you wanted to catch up on the latest news on the tube, or just find a quiet corner, the choice is yours. For a continental breakfast, the variety was outstanding and the staff was constantly replenishing supplies and ensuring tables were clean for the next group of guests.
As it turned out, my morning meeting ended up being scheduled at the Inn. I could have had everyone in my room (as it was quite large) but I enquired about an alternate spot. The front desk person suggested a quiet table in the breakfast room, as the meeting time was at the tail end of breakfast. That worked out extremely well.
I have no hesitation with recommending the Country Inn to anyone who finds themselves staying the night in Grand Rapids. Well done staff...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear FastEddie,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear we were a great location for a business meeting. Come back again anytime! We would be more than happy to host you and any business clients you have. Complimentary wireless Internet and the large breakfast room we have offers a great location for our guests to meet with their clients in the area. Our sales manager would be more than happy to meet with you if you ever have any requests as well! Come back again soon!

Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

we had a great 4 days at this hotel. Entire hotel clean; pool, spa & exercise area wonderful. Right off freeway (but very quiet); near Meijer Gardens, Meijer store, shopping, eating & entertainment. Staff was friendly & helpful. Breakfast plentiful. You must try the cookies & coffee available all day. Plenty of room in king suite for 2 adults, 1 teen & 1 child. Liked having a fridge & microwave for snacks & dinner. We have stayed at this hotel for the past 6 years for the Heritage Camp my kids attend right down the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michele,

Thank you very much for writing a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your 4 day stay with us. Heritage camp is certainly a great group. I've been here for three years and its been amazing to see all the kids grow up in such a short time! We can't wait to see you again next year!

Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a very nice property located conveniently off the interstate and near the Meier Gardens. It was very clean and in excellent condition. Staff was friendly and the included cooked breakfast was a nice bonus. The property is set back from busy roads and is very quiet.

Room Tip: The restaurant serves only breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HimselfTroy
Dear Himself Troy,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while visiting Meijer Gardens!