“Always went to the next level of satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Always went to the next level of satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our first stay at a Country Inn property and it far exceeded my expectations. I had envisioned more Holiday inn type property butthis was nicer. The suites were large and very well designed. rooms very clean. Breakfast buffet and seating area was well done. Staff at the desk were always very accommodating and always went to the next level of satisfaction.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Mandy,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're always happy to assist you throughout your stay. If you're back in the area, come stay with us again!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed here overnight while on a road trip. We had never stayed at a Country Inn before and didn't know what to expect. The hotel is located out of town near the I-94 but only about 10 minutes from downtown. The hotel has some character and a comfortable homely feel. The staff are friendly and helpful. The standard is similar to some of the Best Westerns we have stayed at but smarter, cleaner and fresher. The décor would appeal more to the older generation but the rooms and clean and comfortable with a good size bathroom, fridge and microwave. There is a restaurant on site for breakfast and internet in the lobby. Breakfast is a bit basic; I would prefer not to have microwaveable food. Nothing to complain about here though and we would try other Country Inns.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Itchyfeet,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear we left a lasting impression on your stay for our brand. Country Inn & Suites are very nice hotels and I think you got the personality of our property down perfect. We're always here to assist you. I'll notify our breakfast attendants of your comments. If you're in the area anytime soon, please stop by. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in Grand Rapids with 2 employees for a convention downtown at the Devos Center, and realized very quickly that staying right downtown was not going to be a budget friendly option for my company. The Country Inn and Suites rated well, and was the right price.
Check-in was quick and easy, and within a few minutes I was in my room getting unpacked. The room was standard King, but was very spacious with a nice desk and a pull-out couch. Everything was well thought out and incredibly clean. All of the staff I came into contact with were very friendly as well.
The breakfast room was huge, which is nice as they are often undersized for the hotel they are in. It was a very good variety for breakfast, but as a person who tries to avoid carbs, I was basically limited to the egg patties, which were ok. Sausage or Bacon at breakfast would have turned this into a 5 circle review.
This hotel also has a very nicely done display in the lower level (on the way to the pool/arcade/workout room) in honor of our military. Nicely done.
Country Inn & Suites are becoming one of my favorite, go to brands after my last couple of stays.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room facing away from the highway for even less noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Otowners,

Thank you very much for your informative review of our property! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We certainly do have a large breakfast room. Families or team can congregate without worrying about lack of space in the morning or evening hours. I will share your comments on the breakfast with my breakfast attendants. We're always looking for new feedback on how we can improve our service. Come back again soon!

Front Desk Manager
Johnston, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We live in Iowa and our daughter goes to school in Grand Rapids MI and we have been trying out the local hotels to fine "our" hotel. We found that in Country Inn and Suites!! The king size bed was SOOO comfy, the breakfast was amazing (so many choices) and the amenities were abundant. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for your nice kind words about our property! I'm glad to we're your home away from home. Our beds are Serta Sleepmaster 2000 beds in case you were wondering. I hope since your child is going to college in the area we will see us again real soon, Kim!

Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Friendly staff both at the front desk and in the dining room. Cleaning ladies all greet you and are interested in your stay. An upgrade from the standard hotel room is offered at a modest fee. Found that to be well worth the money, especially to have a sitting room. The breakfast was hit and miss. Not a fan of microwaved sunny side up eggs. Dining room is closed at 9:30 so if you need that extra cup of coffee mid morning, its not available. There are no places for breakfast within walking distance of the hotel. So you are trapped if you are without a car.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a mini-suite is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. On the weekends our breakfast hours are from 6am-9:30am. On weekends it is from 7am-10:30am. We close the doors after breakfast hours to clean the rooms. You are more than welcome to come in and grab a cup of coffee. We have coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day with fresh cookies. The coffee in the breakfast room and lobby is actually a different brand. If you want to do a taste test to find out which one you like more, be our guest! I prefer the breakfast room type. I will report your comments to our breakfast attendants. If you're in the area anytime soon, we would love to have you stay with us again. Have a great day!

allentown, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I called on the way to Grand Rapids to see if they could offer me a better rate, because their rate is abit high. She wasn't able to lower the rate, but did offer two tickets to the gardens, a $25 value. I thought that was a nice gesture. Check-in was very pleasant. They have coffee and cookies available. The room was clean and comfortable. The location is convenient to highways, but isn't noisy. The breakfast was okay...I never like the round version, egg mcmuffin-type, eggs, but the hash was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Travelerfromatown,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear we were able to offer the Meijer Garden tickets. It certainly is a great atrium to visit. Especially during Art Prize when they have the extra art pieces in the lobby for guests to view. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments on the breakfast very much. I'll report your comments to my breakfast attendants. We're actually looking into getting a different style of egg patty to go with our scrambled eggs that we offer each morning. I hope you will choose to stay with us again, Traveler! Have a great day.

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

On a recent trip, we chose to stay at this property for a second time (first time experience was fine, but price was high. Found a better rate on this trip). After checking into the hotel late at night after a long drive, and unpacking our suitcases, we noticed a substantial amount of black curly hair and dirt in the corner of the bathroom, and a spider in the tub (None of us have black hair, and none of us had been in the bathroom - so it was obviously the previous guest's hair). It looked like housekeeping must have just made a cursory sweeping of the floor and left a disgusting bunch of hair and dirt in the corner. (To be fair to the hotel, I'm sure they would have moved us had we asked that night - but being tired and not wanting to extend our day, I decided to clean the bathroom myself with a towel). There were also stains on the furniture in the sitting area of the suite we were in. The room was just not at an acceptable level of cleanliness one would expect. Although it is not directly attributed to the hotel staff, in the morning, there were some rather "odorous" individuals in the breakfast room in their pajamas and with no shoes on (talking about passing out the night before & their bad hangovers). I hate to be picky, but this is a hotel, not their own kitchen. The Hotel should not allow people to be in the breakfast line without shoes or slippers.

When checking out the following morning, I advised the front desk attendant about the hair in the bathroom/generally unclean condition of our suite. Although she was courteous and apologetic, her only offer was to make housekeeping aware of the issue so they could do a better job. I do know some chains/hotels will go out of their way to try to make the situation right with guests after the fact. We left the hotel knowing we overpaid relative to our experience. This is a nice property with courteous staff in a good location. Hopefully the hotel will do a better job of maintaining the good reputation it has established.

Room Tip: Suites on the top floor are quiet and the separate bedroom makes it easy when traveling with kids.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear SailChicago,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel again. I sincerely apologize for the issue with the bathroom. I understand you were tired from your travels, but if you ever need assistance please let the staff know immediately and we will assist you. We can certainly move you to a different room, or I will come up personally and clean the room. I usually work at night. I can certainly help with luggage if you need as well. I will report your comments to my housekeeping manager. I know she will be interested in reading your review. I noticed you were able to get a better rate for your stay than the last one. I hope you were able to take advantage of the advanced purchase option or possibly booking with Club Carlson points. It means a lot to me that you took the time to write a review of our hotel online. I will share your comments with our staff. I will also notify our breakfast attendants of your feedback on the other guests and safe footwear when walking throughout the hotel. I hope you will choose to stay at our hotel again in the future. Art Prize is right around the corner and it is a great time to come visit Grand Rapids! If you have any questions or concerns please email me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Front Office Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!