“Business Traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Business Traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stay in hotels more than my house and the Country Inn & Suites on Deposit Drive in Grand Rapids, Mi. makes it easier. The property is clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly, personable, and professional. They provide a complimentary breakfast buffet and homemade cookies before you turn in. If you are trying to decide this is your choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your nice kind comments! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll let our staff know of your high praise! Come back again soon! Art Prize is coming up and its going to be a busy time in Grand Rapids!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Country Inn and Suites Grand Rapids East. The staff was very nice. The hotel is in a great location to Meijer Gardens. It is less the 3 minutes down the road. Just past Meijer Gardens are gas stations, fast food and a Meijer grocery store. Nice little area. We used this hotel as home base. The hotel is about 45 minutes to an hour from Grand Haven, Holland and Sagatuck. The room was okay. We had a regular room. If I had to do it again I would upgrade to a suite. The housekeeping staff was a okay. The hotel is very quiet. Never did here the people next door.

Nice breakfast buffet every morning.

The pool area was very nice. One word of caution, the pool is freezing!!! It was the coldest indoor pool I have ever swam in.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Chaser4801,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I appreciate it very much. I'll let our maintenance manager know of the comments on the pool. Usually we keep it at 82 degrees. Sometimes it can feel a bit chilly because the air temperature in the room is a bit colder because it is downstairs. We might have recently added water to the pool as well so it might have chilled it down for a bit also. I'll let our breakfast attendants know of your nice kind comments, Chaser4801! If you have any questions or concerns please email me!

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked two king suites and stayed here at the end of June with my parents, sister and partner. We were in town to see a concert at the Meijer Gardens. The hotel is just across the highway from the gardens and is a perfect place to stay if that's where you're going. The suites are a little smaller than expected, but the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The front desk staff need better training on how to behave when guests are being welcomed. The employee checking us in had to restart her welcome no less than 4 times as other staff were loudly talking over her to the manager. I was the only guest in the lobby at the time so there's really no excuse for that. She was quite embarrassed as was I. After our stay, I received an emailed survey from the hotel and filled it out. To the manager's credit, he took my comments seriously and personally replied to my survey which was appreciated. The breakfast was the real star. It was much more extensive than expected and the attendants kept the food replenished and the dining area very clean. I would consider staying here again on a future visit to the gardens.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Shcje,

I appreciate your feedback very much! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I’ll let our breakfast attendants know of your nice kind comments! Our breakfast certainly is a great feature at our hotel. With upwards of eighty seats, no one has to stand in the lobby. I’m not sure what type of suites you may have booked, Schje. We have two types; a studio suite and a one bedroom king suite. Depending on which type size is a factor as well as a style of the room. I will speak with my front desk staff about the exchange during check in. I’m not sure what may have happened or how the interaction played out but I’ll speak with my team. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us. I usually do the Medallia surveys and I bet it was me who emailed you back, Schje! Feedback is an integral part of any business and ours is no exception. Feedback allows us to serve you or the next guest better in the future. If you have any questions or concerns please email me, Sheje! I look forward to hearing from you.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were here for 5 nights and everything was perfect! Our room was spaciuos and well cleaned daily. The staff at the desk were very helpful in giving recommendations & directions. The assistant manager made transportation arrangements for us to the airport. All of the staff were very attentive, friendly, and helpful. The daily breakfast was excellent. Great coffee! I will stay here again if I go back to Grand Rapids. We also enjoyed the restaurant tht was adjacent to the hotel- Malarkeys. We got a 10% discount there for showing our room key and the food was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Donna576,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I'll let Stephanie know of your nice kind comments! She certainly does a great job. I will also let our breakfast attendant know of your polite words as well. I'm happy we would take care of you for all 5 nights while you were visiting Grand Rapids. Come back again soon! Art Prize is right around the corner!

Commerce Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn recently for a day camp for my daughter. Luckily my job is done strictly on my home computer, so was able to take my laptop to work with while she was at camp. Camp started on Tuesday and since it is only a 2 hour drive from our home, we didn't stay Monday night. We arrived at the hotel, to meet friends at about 8:00 a.m. When I asked if there was a quiet area I could work in during camp hours, before check in, they suggested that I simply check in early. Never did I think that would be possible. Their creative thinking and helpfullness allowed me to do a full day's work while my daughter had a great day at camp. My only complaint, and it is minor, is that the comp we were all attending is for kids and many families travelled to this location. With a hotel full of kids, the pool was very crowded, so crowded, in fact it was dangerous becuase you couldn't easily keep an eye on your child. The breakfast (included in the price) was very nicely done.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a suite and it was well worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Country Inn and Suites. The room was large with a large bathroom. The bed was comfortable. We were in Grand Rapids for a graduation and the hotel was about 5 minutes from the E Beltline where we were spending most of our time. Parking, internet and breakfast are complimentary. The only rooms that have refrigerators are suites. Breakfast on Sunday was not so good. They were running out of things. Two that I know of were hash and fresh fruit. Coffee was good. Breakfast on Monday - we had to wait about 10 minutes for the scrambled eggs to be refilled. Our stay was ok, but I would probably choose a different hotel the next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Pletzkeb,

Thank you very much for your nice kind feedback. I appreciate it very much! I'm glad to hear you slept well on the beds. I sincerely apologize for the issues with the breakfast, I will let my breakfast attendants know of your comments. As luck would have it, we are looking into getting refrigerators and microwaves in all of our standard rooms! We have refrigerators and microwaves included in all of our suites currently. If you have any questions or concerns please email me! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

lincoln park, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I would give this hotel 5 stars, but don't want to mislead as it is not a 5 star "luxury hotel". We had to go to Grand Rapids for a wedding and my Mom reserved this room for us. We knew nothing about it beforehand. From the moment we arrived, the service was top notch. We asked for an early check in which they obliged, but we did not make it early due to road construction. Time was of the essence and within minutes, they printed out directions to the church, reception, and how to get back. The queen beds had 4 pillows each and were better than what I have at home. Heavenly beds and we slept great! This is important to me and I despise crappy sleeping conditions! We had trouble figuring out the TV remote control (yes, embarassing) and Cheryl who was ending her shift came to our room immediately and helped us figure it out. She also went out of her way to go to the desk and schedule our wake up call. The included breakfast in my opinion was very good! Eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, plenty of bread selections, hot/cold cereal, fruit, and gourmet coffee/teas, milk and juices. We also went to the restaurant on property called Malarkeys. Excellent fish and chips. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!