“Would definitely stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Would definitely stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Hotel was nice - seemed new. Room was spacious and liked suite with sofabed for kis. Staff was exceptionally helpful and responsive to our requests. Son loved the pool, it was very nice. Only complaint was breakfast eggs, way too soupy! Breakfast staff also seemed to have trouble keeping items stocked to keep up with demand (i.e. silverware, etc.). This probably had something to do with fact that hotel was completely full and overrun with families whose kids were competing in a state little league baseball tournament. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Rsolomonic,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about our property. Thank you for your nice kind comments about our staff; it is good to hear you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your feedback very much. It certainly was a busy morning for the breakfast crew. We had a couple teams in house and as ever, children can eat alot! I apologize for the hiccups during breakfast. Come back again soon! ArtPrize in September is right around the corner and it is a great time to visit. You can visit their website here: http://www.artprize.org/

If you come into town again, ask about our Frederik Meijer Garden package. It was great meeting you during stay. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Easton, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was kind and helpful. No major complaints, except I thought the price was a little high for the location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I usually stay in another hotel in Grand Rapids, but I was visiting for a conference, and the hosting company has a corporate rate at this one, so I moved over.

Good things:
Excellent friendly & helpful staff.
Clean rooms with comfortable furniture.
Excellent bed.
Free internet with the option to be wired in, or wireless.
A nice breakfast selection each day, and somewhere pleasant to sit and eat it in.
Tea & cookies at the front desk was a nice touch.

Less good things:
Actually it's hard to think of any major negatives at all. If I'm stretching for a couple then:
The room info folder said there was info on running routes, which wasn't the case when I went and asked about it. Although the helpful chap on the desk (see 'good things', above!) after saying he didn't know of any information, did print me off a map of a place I could drive to locally.
I left something behind in the room when I checked out, and it unfortunately has been lost. Nothing precious or valuable, just a bit of an annoyance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel Anne-Oxfordshire. I'm happy to hear you had a positive stay with us. I appreciate your feedback very much. As you know, communication is a big part of operating a business. Thank you for your comments about the running trails. I will notify our housekeeping manager of getting those in our guest folders. We do have running trail maps available at the desk, that the front desk clerk would be more than willing to print off. I'll be sure to make sure each of our representatives is up to date on where to find them on our computers. If you would like to have the items lost during your stay please call me directly and I will notify my housekeeping manager. My number is below.

Once again, thank you very much for your nice kind words. It means a lot to our staff members that you took the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon! ArtPrize is right around the corner!

1-616-942-7000
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast every morning. It was well stocked with fresh fruit, bagels & muffins as well as hot food. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable...I slept well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! Its great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast each of the three days you stayed with us. Our breakfast attendants certainly do a great job! I'll be sure to show them your review! They will appreciate it very much. Come back again soon! Artprize is right around the corner.

Hesson, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here for two nights on our way to Indiana. The hotel was clean and pretty quiet. Breakfast was good and was served on real plates with real cutlery, no styrofoam. Restaurants and shopping are all only a few minutes drive away. The pool was nice but in the basement so no natural light. The hotel is only 4 years old so everything was nice and new. The location felt safe and was still close enough to all amenities.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for your nice kind words; its good to hear you enjoyed your stay. It means a lot to our staff that you took the time to write a review about our hotel. Natural light can be a little difficult down in the lower landing, thankfully we do have extra windows to let in light in the pool area to brighten up the area. Having our amenity items & meeting space on the lower landing away from the guest rooms is a great way to cut down on noises, but I do understand the lighting issue. The only window in the hallway is down at the opposite end of the building. I appreciate your feedback very much. We look forward to seeing you again soon. ArtPrize is just around the corner! It is a great time to visit Grand Rapids.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

The staff and managers of this hotel were very friendly and accomodating. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
CX_GAMI, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for your nice kind words; It's good to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in town again soon! ArtPrize is right around the corner.

East Dubuque, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The quality that we received for the price we paid was outstanding. Rooms were updated and clean, staff was friendly and the daily breakfast was superb. We especially liked the fact that our towels had a clean pleasant smell instead of a harsh chemical smell.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CX_GAMI, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your nice kind comments about our staff and property. We value your business very much. Come back again soon! ArtPrize is right around the corner!

Front Desk Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids East? Share your experiences!