“Clean rooms hard to find the property at night” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Sylvania, Ohio
“Clean rooms hard to find the property at night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We are very familiar with all of west Michigan especially the area around 28th Street so it was surprising how difficult it was to find this property at night tucked behind a target store along with several restaurants and the smallest signs I have ever seen used for a hotel property. The hotel is undergoing some renovations which I credit them for keeping very underwraps other than the semi trailers in the parking lot and a couple hand written notes left on the hall walls you really wouldn't know anything was going on unless you asked. The rooms themselves were clean but small for being a suite had the feeling that there really wasnt anyplace to set things down too many lamps and too many tables in the way of everything. Probably would stay here again curious to see if the renovations will improve room layout

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillGRAirport, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
AAA_David -
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your recent stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites. I am sorry to learn that you had difficulties locating our property. I am glad that you did eventually locate us and hopefully were able to enjoy the benefits of our location (Wooded setting with pond views). We welcome the chance to serve you again and to get your opinions on our ongoing improvements.

Mike McWilliams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend of soccer. Hotel could really use some updates which might be hard to do. Hotel just had a dated feel to it. From the lobby to the rooms. Price was good and the beds were fine, just seemed like they converted a older hotel and made it a suite hotel by just rearranging the furniture in the room. There are newer suite type hotels in the area at roughly the same price.

Stayed August 2013
Dgprouty -

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids - Airport. I sorry to learn that you felt that our hotel was feeling a bit "dated" but I am please to let you know that we renovating each guest room completely. In addition we are making improvements to our public spaces including our lobby and fitness room that I hope you will be able to enjoy during your next time to Grand Rapids.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Springhill Suites across the country. This location is nicely set off the main road nestled in a patch of woods. The rooms are clean and well cared for. The breakfast is tasty with plenty of choices. I loved the wonderful massaging shower head in the room. However, the internet was terrible. The wifi was excellent in my room but "Speedtest" showed the slow speed was 1.59Meg download and .68Meg upload. That is barely faster than dial-up! I would have left if this was a business trip because even email dragged. Nice place to visit if you do NOT want internet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
83BillB83-

Thank you for you comments regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill. Although I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our location, guest rooms and breakfast I want to apologize for any problems you experienced with our internet. I can understand your frustration when you were unable to access your email and I want you to know that we are working to prevent similar issues from occurring to you or any other guests. Improvements have been made and will continue to be made to increase over internet speed. I hope that we will have to opportunity to serve you again and let you enjoying our faster internet service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a large family vacation,5 rooms w three different reservations and prices. The hotel itself was well maintained and the pool area and breakfast were representative of the spring hill line. The man working the breakfast went above and beyond to make the guests morning a pleasurable experience. We were third to check in and had requested a king room and 2 queen bed adjoining rooms as we have small children. Well at check in the desk gave one of our rooms to another family members and put our two rooms on different floors. The situation was corrected in the end, but at chk out we were charged at the rate our family booked and not our original rate as they didn't change credit cards when fixing the rooms. This could have been avoided all together if at chk in they actually checked identification. Second, once in our rooms one needed the bathroom recleaned as there was hair in the tub and urine drips on the seat. Housekeeping was quick to respond and cleaned it well. Next, the other room's TV did not work.

• Stayed September 2013
Lizzy2005 -

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites. I want to apologize that you experienced anything less then a perfect stay. Although I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and had pleasant things to say about our breakfast attendant I want you to know that each issue regarding cleanliness and maintenance will be addressed to ensure that similar issues such as yours do not occur again.
I again want thank you for your honest comments regarding your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The breakfast included many options. The people at the front desk were helpful and friendly. They had a list of local restaurants they provided when I asked about dining, and they noticed the note I made when I made the reservation about an allergy (most hotels miss this even when their websites ask for notes). We were very pleased and will stay here again. I would recommend the hotel put a little more information on their website about finding it because it's tucked behind a shopping center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ohiogirl00 -

I appreciate you mentioning our location as it can be a bit difficult at first but is well worth it once you arrive. I am glad to learn that you were able to enjoy our hotel and all that it has to offer. We appreciate your honest opinions and look forward to you staying with us once again.
Muskegon Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We arrived in Grr at 10:30 pm and had a 7am flight out in the morning. Got to the hotel and there was no place to put our car. The lot was totally packed full. The front desk clerk said she was leaving and we could have her spot. Went to the room and it was clean and nice. Thought we would have to pass on breakfast because we were leaving at 6am but not to worry as the breakfast was set up early. Went to catch the flight. Came back 4 days later and when we landed I called the hotel to get picked up figuring by the time we got through luggage claim and all that we wouldn't have to wait too long. Oops. Seems the guy that was sent to pick us up was waiting for us to come out. When we were on the way to the airport they called a cab for us and they paid for it. They said their own transfer doesn't start until 7am so they call a cab for us at their expense. The pool was very nice but we didn't get in.

Room Tip: They will take you to the airport anytime. Wonderful feature.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Geogh3 -

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites. Although I am sorry that we were lacking viable parking spots when you arrived I am glad to hear that our staff was able to take care of you nonetheless. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and comments such as yours are always pleasant to hear.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel is clean, modern, bright, new furniture, nice breakfast. I dont need anything else, I'm good. Yes, it may be a bit hard to find the first time, but then its fine. Oh, did I mention clean? The #1 item I look for in any hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ObserverGuy -

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to learn that you were able to enjoy our clean, comfortable rooms and look forward to having you stay with again.

Mike McWilliams

Been to SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!