“Nice, but noisy.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Nice, but noisy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Rooms are large and modern. The King Suite had a sofa bed, chair, desk in the "living" area which was nice from the usual studio type hotel. There was a small "kitchen" area with a microwave, fridge, and single cup coffee maker. A small bar sink was also available with large cabinets...but there are no supplies. If you bring in food, you will need to bring your own service items. Breakfast was great. On the weekends breakfast starts at 7am which was too late for my plans. The breakfast attendant welcomed me at 6:30am and I could get fruit, toast, muffins and yogurt. She said hot food would be available at 7am. Very friendly staff. If you don't know where this hotel is located it will be difficult to find. Off 28th street, turn in at the Target driveway and follow the road back - hotel is tucked way back with little signage. Only disappointment was the noise factor. Running above my room in the evening, crying children in the room next door, and a rude awakening at 3am when someone was pounding on a door down the hall.

Room Tip: 3rd floor if you don't want people walking above you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillGRAirport, Public Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the review! Were happy that you had a good experience with our team at the hotel, we will share your feedback with them. Were sorry that you experienced the noise issue. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Salinas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We found the room large and well equipped for our stay. The breakfast was more than adequate and the staff was friendly, and helpful, but not over-bearing. A big thing for us is a comfortable bed and we were very happy with king-size in our room. The location was good for us too. We had come from Northern Michigan for business and some shopping. It was nearby all the shopping areas but also tucked away a little which made for a quiet night's sleep. I really can't think of anything negative about this affordable hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review - were happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you next visit!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My five nieces and nephews and I stayed in two rooms at the Springhill Suites. The size of the rooms was great for us, with the pull out couch allowing three of us to stay in each room. The beds, including the couches, were quite comfortable. The hotel is very family friendly. There were a lot of kids throughout the hotel, but you would never know it up by the rooms. The walls must be very thick because it was very quiet.

The rooms were very clean and modern. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially at breakfast. The included breakfast had a good selection and the lady who was working at stocking more food was pleasant and courteous. Everything about the hotel was exemplary.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We will share your comments with our entire team.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very large and nicely decorated. More modern and stylish than most. Location is tucked away but is quiet and right next to a ton of restaurants, Target, etc. Pool is small but nice. Free breakfast is really great!! Lots of extras to put on oatmeal was awesome! Walnuts, raisins, coconut! Yum! Loved this place!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the review - were happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Manhattan Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Due to blizzard hitting southwest Michigan my late night flight was delayed & getting home 35 miles from the airport via taxi was going to be problematic, so I decided to book a room at the airport Springhill Suites for the night & have a friend pick me up the next morning.

I made the reservation around 9pm eastern time while I was still at ORD waiting for the GRR flight. I mentioned my flight was due to arrive around 11:30pm (which actually became 12:30am), and asked about the airport shuttle. They said the shuttle doesn't run that late - but to call them when I arrived, as they have an arrangement with a taxi company where the taxi company will pick me up/take me to the SHS for free . I think the hotel shuttle runs from 5am-11pm, but not totally sure. Check the hotel website.

When I landed I called them & they said to give it 5 minutes, and then walk to the cab area outside & a cab would be waiting for me. As I exited the airport entrance, there was a stand for the taxis wand she directed me to the taxi. The SHS is a couple of miles from the airport; took very little time. I tipped the cab driver, as he helped me w/ all the luggage

Walked inside & FDC warmly welcomed me by name/how was the taxi. The FDC knew I was tired, and said to leave the bellcart in the hallway outside my room & she'd pick it up later/no need to bring it back down. Very nice of her.

My room was 335, which it turns out is a handicapped-accessible room. I didn't really realize it until the next morning, as I was really tired. I just thought wow - there's a lot of room in this room/really spacious. I was so tired when I got to the room that I thought there was a spa shelf in the tub, but it's actually a seat for someone to sit on & there were also grip bars in the tub & next to the toilet. Paul Mitchell toiletries.

It's the old style SHS room in terms of furnishings. At check-out the FDC mentioned they'll be renovating later this year.

Given how close to the airport & to the freeway the SHS was, I was pleasantly surprised that it was really quiet/no noise. Even the room fan was quiet, and the black-out curtains were effective.

The SHS is very close to the 28th Street/I-96 exit & behind a Target store. 28th Street has a lot of restaurants/bars, and there's a shopping mall close by.

I woke up in time to go to the free breakfast downstairs, which is probably typical of SHS breakfasts - oatmeal, eggs (scrambled & hard-boiled), sausage, shredded cheese to put on eggs, yogurts, waffles, juices, bread, bagels, etc. The main dining area was actually a pretty good size,

The dining area also had a bar, which is open from 5pm-11pm. There's also a terminal/printer set-up in one corner of the dining area, so if someone needs to use the internet or print their boarding passes they're able to do so.

While waiting for my friend to pick me up, I wandered around the ground floor & took a look at the health club (basic) & the pool (pool, hot tub & area w/ multiple tables/chairs). Both the pool & the hot tub had something I hadn't seen at a hotel before, which was a chair/lift device that would allow someone who was elderly or disabled a way to get into the pool/enjoy the water. The FDC said they were a recent installation.

Check-out was easy, and the FDC was quite friendly.

While this was a very short stay it was a good one. I'd recommend this property to others & if I ever have flight delays getting me home too late or don't want to drive in early morning for dawn flights, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SarahG884, Public Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to give us your feedback. We are so happy that you were pleased with every aspect of your stay. We are due for renovations further on in the year. We will be remodeling our fitness center, lobby area, and breakfast. We are adding accent walls, new lamps and wallpaper to the rooms. I hope we will see you soon!!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was traveling by myself before a speech conference and this hotel had it all.....great location, shuttle to the airport, comfortable beds and friendly staff! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those people, like myself who are taking an early flight out of town. Everyone you meet goes the extra mile to make sure you feel safe and comfortable.
Thanks to the desk people for giving this directionally challenged Momma a great set of directions to return to Kalamazoo. I used my Marriott points and had a wonderful stay. Loved all the blues and greens that they decorated with and the bed and pillows were out of this world. My room was cleaner than most higher end hotels that I have stayed at. I would definitely stay here again.....

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from elevators because of my early flight and was accommodated nicely...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SarahG884, Public Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your response! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!! We hope the next time you are in the area you think of us and come stay with us again!!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

6 year old, well maintained property with exercise room, pool and meeting room. One of the SpringHills with optional lobby bar open evenings. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Several guests including my wife and I had problems getting key cards to work in room doors. Management is aware of problem and it may well be fixed now. Construction on 28th Street made exit from hotel slow. Staff will instruct you how to exit to the south to avoid possible delay. They have an airport shuttle if you are flying.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side of building afford nice view of wetlands
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review, were glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you next time your in town!

Been to SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!