“Great for my business trips” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Poole
“Great for my business trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nice hotel, tucked off the main road so is very quiet, just what was required after a day of work. Whole hotel is immaculate, staff all very friendly. Rooms comfortable and very large. Free wifi which was a bonus. Not tried the gym / pool, think that will be the next trip. My only gripe is the limited selection for breakfast. As nice as it is to make your own waffles, it's not exactly what I was anticipating given my experiences of the brand elsewhere. Since you are on 28th street all the restaurants etc are right on the doorstep, as is the target which this hotel is tucked behind.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights for a soccer tournament. Family of 4 (my husband and I plus our 10 year old and 7 year old sons).

The positive - The front desk assistant was very quick checking us in and apologized for only having a king suite and gave us a rate discount. They also threw the soccer players a pizza party on Saturday night. We didn't go but that was nice of them. The walls are thick enough that you don't hear a lot of noise. The room was clean.

The negative - the bed and especially the sofa bed were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. The sofa bed had a huge ridge down the middle. You could still feel it even though I put 2 blankets over the mattress. When I called to get more blankets for us to use as blankets, they did not have any, so we had to go to Target to buy some. The comp breakfast was free - that's all I can say about it.

I would definitely try the Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaze if we go back next year.

Room Tip: Only reserve double beds to avoid the sleeper sofa!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed for a single evening in early August. The room we reserved was just what we expected-2 queen beds and a pull out couch. The hotel had a noisy first floor hallway, but that is hardly a surprise. Breakfast was good, refreshed often and staffed by friendly people.
We were surprised that no bed linens nor blankets were available for the pull out couch (we improvised) and the front desk apologized. Still, it is an odd thing for a Marriott to overlook.
This is close to the interstate and airport (but not airplane noisy) and a good choice for a family traveling. The pool looked nice.
Exercise room was a disaster-broken equipment and hardly worth the effort to keep the lights on in the room.

Room Tip: Try a room NOT on the first floor if noise is a concern.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

After shopping around online quite a bit in this area, I'm happy with our decision to stay here. We got one of queen suites with a sofa bed. The room as very clean and updated. The staff was very friendly and professional. The included breakfast was pretty typical for hotels in this price range. Some people complained about not being able to find the hotel. Just go left right before going into the Target parking lot and follow that street around. Personally, I like not being right on a busy street. To top it all off, this hotel offered a good value when compared to other hotels in this general area. We'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. It was very quiet...at least for our stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saline, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

After staying at two other hotels in the same area during an extended weekend trip with my daughter, I booked the Springhill based on reviews and because I wanted something nice for our last night. The room had everything! Plenty of room to sit and relax, use your computer, kitchenette, fridge, separate vanity area. The entire hotel was CLEAN, staff was friendly. Although I didn't visit it, the small bar area was a nice touch. Love that juices, yogurt, milk, were available 24/7 and the free breakfast was great. Super comfortable bed and the heating/AC unit is controlled by a thermostat on the wall and is nice and quiet. Location is convienent to shopping, dining, highways. I just wish we'd stayed here for our entire trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Columbia SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I don't think I could have done any better for the price, as I got a fabulous rate at this hotel. The suite is pretty small by suite standards, but the amenities make it nicer than a regular room (small couch area with dorm-type refrigerator, microwave, etc.). It was extremely clean. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom amenities include some great smelling shower gel and lotion by Paul Mitchell, as well as Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, fresh fruit, waffles, etc. Location is very convenient for getting to the airport, highways, Target, restaurants, etc. There were more TV channels than I have had access to at any hotel I've stayed at in recent memory.

During previous visits, I had stayed at the Hampton Inn next door. But this visit I decided to give the SpringHill Suites a try. The SpringHill Suites had a better rate this time, but the two properties are similar in quality and service. I would stay at either one again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to the Airport and perfect for a short stay. Coming from the airport, I did not find it difficult to find as some others have. It is set back from the road in a beautiful little area with trees and a pond, but it does have a sign to let you know where to enter.

The facility is new and clean and the staff were all very helpful. There are basic shopping (Target, Costco, etc) and restaurants nearby and easy access to the freeway. For an economy suite, it is great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!