“Always Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Always Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have called downtown Grand Rapids home for the last 3 years; living right downtown and being single I eat out at least 6 days a week. Leo's is my go to restaurant of choice 3-4 times a week for many reasons.

1. The food is awesome; the seafood is fresh and well prepared. The shrimp are almost like mini lobster tails they are so big and the lobster \ shrimp cakes are to die for (always ordered on my "first dates" as they never fail to impress). They have a couple steak selections on the menu and when I get a craving for beef prepared outside of my condo I go here and not to one of the overpriced "steakhouses" in town; the filet is superb. One of the seldom promoted but incredible lunch selections is their hamburger; it is second to none and I strongly recommend cheese, bacon and grilled mushrooms. Even though this is NOT on the dinner menu the kitchen has prepared it for me at night on numerous occasions (tell them Mike sent you and they will understand).

2. The decor is upscale & relaxing in appearance yet this blue jean and sport shirt guy is always welcome.

3. The prices are definitely not upscale compared to many of the other fine dining places downtown.

4. The wine list is superb and the martinis are very good; if you want a beer pub though you best go elsewhere downtown. They do have a few beers on draft and bottled beer though this is not my forte'.

5. They have catered to my special requests since day one and eating out as much as I do I can be pretty demanding at times; special requests have never been an issue here for me since 2008.

6. The staff from front to back is second to none and that is saying a lot in this city full of incredible restaurants.

So.... If you are headed downtown for a great dinner do not hesitate to put Leo's on your list; you might even run into me sitting at the bar rail. I am a fan of Leo's (and many other dining places downtown) so if you are headed there give me a shout; I will be happy to meet you there as an unofficial "ambassador" of this great city!

Mike (616.901.5318)

• Visited May 2013

“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

What wonderful decor and the food was out of this world. I had scallops wrapped in salmon and seafood cakes. I was tempted to have a desert but I would have gone into a sutra comma, out of the world. The service was fantastic.

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food and service were amazing at Leo's. I parked around the corner in a 1 hour free lot, so just follow the signs. The atmosphere is great and fun. I sat in the bar area and had great service. I had the halibut and veggies. It was terrific and seasoned just right. This would be a great spot for a date night. You can walk around downtown and then go to dinner. This would also be the perfect spot for a special occasion. I will be back to Leo's and bringing my husband when he's in town!

• Visited May 2013
Grand Blanc MI
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stopped by on a weekday night 45 minutes before they closed and did not feel like we had to rush our meal. The salmon wrapped scallops was wonderful and my husband ordered chicken and he enjoyed his meal. I have a food allergy and staff was very attentive to make sure I would be okay. When I am in the area, I would eat here again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belmont, Michigan
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

For our anniversary, my husband made reservations at Leos'. Mind you we were married at Valentines' so sometimes that can be a task! We were early, they seated us immediately! Our waiter John made us feel as we were the only patrons in the restaurant. They weren't quite busy yet, but the level of service was exceptional. He even found a pair of glasses for me to read the menu (I had my fancy purse with no eye apparrel!) We had escargot as an appetizer. For main course, I had the Lobster, my husband the surf and turf. John quickly cut the Lobster from the shell for me and presented it perfectly for dinner. We were both completely filled from our meal. When we declined a dessert, John still presented us with a Volcano cake and candle for our anniversary. He really made it a special evening, and we thoroughly enjoyed this fine dining experience. Co-workers had told me it was over priced. I thought the service and food were worth every penny.

• Visited February 2013