“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Executive Inn & Suites

You added Best Western Executive Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2725 Buchanan Ave, Grand Rapids, MI 49548 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids South)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is a great location for the southwest side of Grand Rapids area. The rooms are clean and comfy. You are two blocks from 131 right on 28th St so you can get to anywhere in the area very quickly. The breakfast is a bit thin, but not horrible. The staff is very friendly, if overworked. None of this is to say don't stay here - quite the contrary - we stay here regularly and will continue to do so.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GMGrandRapidsBW, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Timgrc,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We love to hear what our guest have to say about their stay. You mentioned that the breakfast was a little thin. We want to make sure we take care of our guest to the very best of our ability, so if there is something we could add that would make your stay even more enjoyable please let us know.

Joanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
grand rapids, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Rooms were clean beds were comfortable. Had no issues will be back. The suite accommodated me and my family well. The breakfast was adequate. The ambience of the hotel was pleasant. I had no complaints with the staff. They were very courteou

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GMGrandRapidsBW, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Tydas B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guest as to what they liked and didn't like about their stay; for it helps us determine what we are doing right and what we need to approve upon. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to see you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. It is not the kind of neighborhood you stay for vacation. The hotel was clean, the front desk friendly. Things did not start out well, however, they sent me to a room that had not been cleaned. When I returned to the desk the were apologetic and "upgraded" me to a hot tub room. I was not interested in the heart shaped tub: I just wanted a good night's sleep. The bed itself for comfy, but the linens were not. Just a couple of thin sheets with an acrylic blanket between them. I was cold all night. The hairdryer was one of those mounted in the wall that is very cumbersome to use, and SLOW to dry. The shower curtain looked like something they bought at a dollar store (skimpy and cheap). The towels were thin, and not very absorbent (but admittedly there were LOTS of them). It strikes me as a hotel that gets a lot of construction and repairmen driving through--the kind of guys who aren't worried about styling their hair.
Breakfast was standard, not bad, but nothing to write home about.
So, if you are driving and need a place to stop for the night, it's fine. But don't expect anything close to pampering.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMGrandRapidsBW, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Travelingmon35805,
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us.
We are in an industrial area, located right off US131, I am sorry you do not believe we would be a good choice for those on vacation - I assure you people do enjoy staying with us while on vacation not only because our hotel is clean & we have great customer service but also because we are conveniently located; just minutes from downtown & approximately 30 miles to Holland lake shore & Grand Haven lake shore.
We want to make sure our guests needs are taken care, so we would have been more than happy to bring you extra blankets. We also have in our Jacuzzi rooms to separate heating units for extra comfort.
We do not nor would we ever buy items from a dollar store and to ensured we have nice absorbent towels we upgraded to bath towels which are 27x54 17lbs.
Again thank you for your review.
Best Regards,
Canton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked this hotel through the website 'Hotwire." I was more dissapointed with Hotwire than the hotel itself b/c Hotwire said the hotel would be like other hotels near downtown Grand Rapids. They rated it 3 stars. This hotel was nothing special. However, it was nothing terribly out of the oridinary. It was clean. It was a basic hotel. It had a decent breakfast. The staff were nice. I would stay here again if I was just passing through, but I would not recoommend this hotel for any special occasion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMGrandRapidsBW, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Pippigirl,
Sorry you were not happy with hotwire's rating for our hotel; however we were pleased to know you were happy with our stay here. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Grand Rapids.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed for three nights - family event. Good location except for construction out front (not hotel's fault). Very close to malls, restaurants, whatever.
Older decor and facility but that's expected for the price.
Big plus was the included breakfast - good hot meal plus usual cereals, bagels, and pastry.
Ran out of yogurt early one day - server was very gracious.
Only problem was late night semi-party - slamming doors from 2-3 AM.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Choose 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMGrandRapidsBW, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Roger C,
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you liked and disliked about your stay. We hope when you are in Grand Rapids you will come and see us again.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

This location is great for us. Close to downtown but also close to family. A very good breakfast. A nice pool. The rooms are clean and comfortable. All at a good price. The staff is always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
GMGrandRapidsBW, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Grand Rapids.
Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was assigned this hotel by Hotwire for a rate that I would've expected for a higher end hotel. Reviews were very concerning so I called the hotel directly who assured me that they were a clean & quiet hotel. So being "stuck" with the reservation, I went. The room itself was suitable though there was some hair in the bathroom that did not belong to me. One in fact, was stuck to the floor so I put a towel over it. The area was indeed sketchy as many described so I opted to get dinner prior to checking in & stay in for the night. It was also quite loud from traffic as well as people banging on doors & running along upper hallways. Thankfully, my stay was an overnight one but definitely an overpriced stay for this area. Would not recommend for families or single travelers. (and just a note, I was not asked how my stay was by the staff when I checked out & the person checking me in barely spoke a word to me as well.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GMGrandRapidsBW, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Heather,
Thank you for bring these issues to our attention. On behalf of my entire staff I apologize. It is our goal not only to meet your expectations but to exceed them; obviously we feel short during your stay with us. I assure you this is not typical for our hotel.
We are locate right off the highway in an industrial area; it is regrettable that you felt it "sketchy".
Please call me at 616-246-6612 so I may have the opportunity to resolve this to your satisfaction.
I look forward to talking with you soon.
Joanne

Been to Best Western Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!