“Better than an apartment, perfect for family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Shanghai, China
“Better than an apartment, perfect for family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This, like all other Residence Inns we have visited, is a perfect place to stay when you are traveling with family. Comes equipped with two separate bedrooms, each with its own full bathroom. Full kitchen including all appliances, dishes and flatware is also in the room. Breakfast is offered, but we didn't partake. The menu showed several offerings, though. There is even a BBQ grill available, if you want to grill your own meals.

This hotel is just off a major street with several restaurants and grocery stores, but set back from the road. No noise, and a nice wooded setting. 8 minute drive from GRR airport. We stayed only one night, but the family didn't want to leave!

Stayed August 2014
Bethany D, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your review and kind words. We’re glad to hear that your family was so accommodated by our facilities and that your stay was pleasant. We wish you all the best in your travels and look forward to hosting you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I travel often for business, and stayed here in July for twelve nights. When I stay that long I like to have a kitchen! I really appreciated the newness of the hotel, and it was actually pretty quiet for most of my stay. The best part was being able to watch the TIgers on TV...I stayed at a different hotel earlier in the year and they didn't show the games! I hope to book another stay at this Residence Inn when I return to G.R.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review! We’re pleased that we were able to make your long stay in Grand Rapids so enjoyable for you. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future - go Tigers!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Grand Rapids. It is a new, clean property that is well kept and inviting! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! The rooms offer many of the amenities of home, and are generally spacious. The site features a nice pool, spa, fitness center, and laundry facilities. And, a very cool outdoor space with fire pit. The daily breakfast provides a variety of options and they mix it up to keep things fresh. A great property for business or pleasure!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We’re so pleased that you found our hotel a perfect fit for your stay! Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. We certainly look forward to serving you in the future.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is hard to find, it's behind Wyndham Hotel and LZ Boy shop. It's new and very nice. Great lobby. I was in a studio suite which was smaller than some of the other Residence Inn's I have been in but it's nicely furnished. I liked the decor and large desk.

There is a indoor pool and gym. They have a evening dinner, light with salad, steam vegetables, massed potatoes, bread and chicken adn desert. It was nice.

There is an outside fire pit with chairs that was lovely but it is summer so I am not sure they turn it on. They have a shuttle to the airport which starts at 5am.

Their breakfast doesn't start until 6am but we had so leave at 5:45 to catch our flight.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! It’s wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you were able to take advantage of many of our amenities. We hope next time that you’ll be able to stay and enjoy breakfast!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Highly recommend this property. Opened Dec 2013. New, friendly staff. Convenient to airport and highest access to downtown. Fitness room spacious enough with outdoor view. Evening social hour and breakfast offers respectable food choices. Price comparable to other properties in area. Sits back off the main road and is quiet.

Stayed July 2014
Bethany D, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We're pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay at our property! We appreciate your kind words and recommendation and look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to Grand Rapids.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Fly out of GRR airport fairly often. Decided to try the new Marriott Residence Inn. It has an airport shuttle. A beautiful lobby, rooms with kitchens. A great workout room and pool area. A full basketball court and an outdoor seating area with a big gas firepit. A nice bar area where you can get a glass of wine and then sit outside by the fire and converse with other guest. If this isn't enough they also serve a dinner on Monday- Thursday at 6p and breakfast each morning at 6a.
This has become my regular place to stay and leave my car during business trips flying out of Grand Rapids. Love this place!!!

Room Tip: Top floor is great to have the view over the firepit conversion area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback! It's wonderful to hear how much you've enjoyed your stays at our property. We're happy to be your regular hotel and continue to host you during your frequent travels in and out of Grand Rapids!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Let me start my review by saying I will never stay at any other hotel than a Residence Inn when traveling with my family from this point on. ( This was our first time. ) The 2 bedroom with 2 bath, living area, and full size kitchen with table is worth every cent I paid, even with any hiccups. I would recommend it to ANY family that has kids of any age. We had such a great time and the hotel room made coming back and relaxing after a long day very non-stressful and relaxed.

The breakfast was fantastic every morning, and they work to keep the area neat and tidy. There are many different things set out to be added to waffles and the pot of oatmeal. Such as strawberries and raisins, or cinnamon sugar and whipped cream. There are an assortment of fresh fruits, as well as sliced melon with yogurt and milks. A meat and eggs was always offered. On rotation there were egg muffins on biscuits or ............... There were also breakfast burritos one day. Other drinks were 2 different juices, coffee, and there was always water available. The managers reception in the evening, mon-thursday, was like a real dinner, and was great each time we were there. They also offered cookies two nights we were there, and tirimisu on italian night.

Outside they had a small outdoor fenced in basketball court that my kids were excited for and used on two occasions. The pool area was always neat and when we went from like 3-5 pm when we were there, we were the only ones in there. One evening we were there around 6 and it got busier with families but we were lucky in that everyone was respectful even though it got busy. There is an outdoor area between the pool and the lobby and eating area, with a fire pit, and seating. There is also an outdoor grill you are welcome to use and plenty of places to sit if you do. We were there in July, but it was cool one night, and I saw a family eating their meal from the managers reception around the fire pit.

The hotel is set back from the road so that it is quiet. The only thing you need to know, to get to this hotel from the street is this - you turn at the La-Z-Boy store. The hotel has an access road from the parking lot on the left of the store.

I found the hotels location great for getting on/off the Hwy. The grocery store is just down the rd a couple of minutes if you take a left. There are places to eat everywhere in the area as well as a Costco, Target, and Meijer. We are members at Costco and filled up the cars gas tank there.

The beds, I slept great. The king sized room has a walk in shower, the queen sized room has a bathroom with a tub. Loved the bathrooms. There are 3 tvs overall and the one in the main area has a DVR.

I would say that during the week, business clientele outnumber families by a little bit. At breakfast we only saw a couple sets of families every morning, and more at the pool that once evening. It's a great place if you have kids for the breakfast and evening meal.

This hotel allows pets. I'm not sure of the size limit or if there is one. If you have allergies, this is something to know. I assume they would work with you. We do not have pets and have no problem with pets being in the hotel. We only saw one dog while were there being walked outside. My husband insisted he could faintly smell dog but I couldn't pin point it as being a smell. I did see dog hair on the tv console but kept that to myself because everything else was so great. I did not let my kids pull out the sofa bed as they would usually do for fun, because there was dog hair on it. So, my only recommendation for the hotel is if they know a pet has been in a room, that it gets a more thorough cleaning than would normally be necessary. My son and husband are both allergic to pets that shed, but we didn't have any issues.

This hotel is relatively new. We will stay in it every time we come to this area. The customer service was outstanding. The rooms were great, there was only the dog hair, and a cabinet had a lose screw, a red chair in the corner of the room did not at all look new, and I wouldn't let the kids sit on it. My husband sat is camera bag there the duration of the trip. I am not complaining about those things however, I'm just being honest about what it was, not at all does it detract from how overall I loved our visit and what a a great time we had. We are only able to vacation once a year and these are memory making times for us, my kids loved everything about this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room near the stairs for easy outdoor side access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your thorough review of our property and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always wonderful to hear how our guests have enjoyed our amenities and that we were able to provide you with a smooth and enjoyable stay. I'm also happy to hear feedback in regards to our pet policy and I will be sure to pass your comments along to our General Manager. We look forward to hosting your family again!

Been to Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!