“Excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Noto's Old World Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 802 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West of Cascade Road
Transit: Local cab services, along with town car and limousine services can provide transportation. Many nearby hotels will provide transportation to Noto's on request. Please call us if you need assistance in making local arrangements.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner with family. Great food, awesome service, reasonably priced. The Friday night we went there was a gentleman playing the guitar. Noise level even with music was perfect.

• Visited January 2014

Fountain Valley, California
“Very Limited for Vegetarians”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I came here with a friend who previously had a great experience here. This time it wasn't as good.

I'm vegetarian and my friend is a meat eater. The menu had virtually no vegetarian choices. But, that's usually not a problem - in these situations I usually ask the server if the chef can prepare something vegetarian for me. This frequently results in a really great meal with others at the table saying that they should have done the same thing! The server returned from the kitchen asking if I would prefer a risotto or a pasta dish - I chose risotto.

When the meal came, the risotto looked dry - which it was. One of the wonderful things about risotto is that it has that wonderful, moist consistency; but this one lacked that. And, the flavor was surprisingly bland. Risotto tends to take on the flavors of the wine, broth, herbs, and veggies that it is cooked with. This one lacked those wonderful flavors that i was expecting.

I asked my friend about his meal, and he said that it wasn't nearly as good as his previous visit.

They also didn't have any India Pale Ale, so I ordered an Italian wine. Their selection was fairly extensive, but I thought a bit pricey.

On this evening they were having a special event, and their parking lot was completely full, although the restaurant was almost empty (everyone was there for the private banquet). This may have been the reason for the less than stellar meals that we had. But, because of the lack of vegetarian selections, I won't be giving it another try. If I was a meat eater, I would consider giving it a second chance, based on my friend's description of his previous meal there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Only if you real real must have Italian food .vs. fast food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

So I started with the Mozzarella Al Forno, mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto and baked. The prosciutto was dried out and ruined. It was served with tomato and basil salad... Bring you magnifying glass, it should have been called micro salad.
The main course wasn't much better. Melanzane Alla Parmigiana (a.k.a. Veal Parm). The dish was left in the broiler too long and not only was the cheese burned, but the sauce was dried out. I also asked for pasta as a side and while the pasta was good, the red sauce had meat in it that was horrible! Chewy and had a weird flavor...

The interior looked nice, that's about all I can say positive for this place. I'm being kind giving it 3 stars.

Visited October 2013
“Best Italian dining in the area by far!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I am from Belgium and must say used to pretty high standard for food and restaurants. I got this name this afternoon from one of my Italian customers that moved to the USA. He claimed it was the best place in town. He was more than right. I had filled mushrooms and a superb risotto. This joined with white and red wine I chose of their wine list. There is not one thing I can say I did not like. Amazing place, REAL Italian food like we Europeans love it. Taste matters, portion doesn't! And for the owners and my waiter: you have done a wonderful job. Anyone who does not like this food or atmosphere doesn't understand the idea of fine dining. I will be back! Tineke

• Visited October 2013
Grand Rapids
“Delightful Meal with Jazz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stopped by on a Wednesday evening and were told we could dine in the Lounge and be entertained by the Tommy Hagen Trio. It can best we said that we enjoyed our tasty meal immensely plus stayed long after to enjoy this musical treat with no cover.

• Visited September 2013