“It's a Bar, Then a Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Grand Rapids, MI
“It's a Bar, Then a Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We went for the burgers, since the bar advertises that as their speciality. Nothing special for burgers- even from our out of state guests. Fries weren't anything to die for.

Visited July 2012

72% Recommend
michigan
“Intimate cozy setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love this bar. It's where I met my husband. We love their Burger, their 3 alarm chili, the dark cozy interior, the service is great, and the drinks are never watered down. A Grand Rapids Institution. You have to try it at least once.

Visited February 2012
Grandville, Michigan
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had always heard about The Cottage Bar and their legendary burgers, but never tried them myself until this past weekend. We were taking my husband out for his birthday dinner (after a stop with the little guys at the Grand Rapids Children's Museum). I was a little concerned at first that the little guys wouldn't be welcomed in a bar, but it was early (5pm on a Saturday), so we decided to give it a shot. We were welcomed right away with a very friendly server (who came armed with crayons and coloring pages as well as menus. My hubby, a burger connessieur, ordered the Cottage Burger and declared it excellent, his was accompanied by a scrumptious order of onion rings. I had the black and bleu burger with sweet potato fries which was delish as well. Our kiddos had a kids' meal cheese burger and grilled cheese meal. The portions were generous (all but hubby had leftovers for lunch the next day). We finished off the birthday celebration with a decadent piece of chocolate cake (big enough for the 4 of us to share).

I can honestly say now I get why The Cottage Bar has received accolades for their burgers, they really are the best around. Even my 7 year old said that the next time we go downtown he wants to go back because it was the best burger he has had in his whole life.

Food was excellent, prices very reasonable for the amount of food and downtown location. I'd love to go back and give outdoor eating a try, too!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Old School Grand Rapids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great beer selection, burgers and burritos! Service makes you feel like you are right where you belong!

Visited January 2012
Coral, mi
“Good location, great food and an exceptional wait staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

A big variety of burgers that are all outstanding, and fries so good that you'll wish you'd ordered a bigger basket. All delivered by a friendly and smiling crew in a neat "hole-in-the-wall" atmosphere.

Visited June 2012