“Mediocre food, lousy waitress” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cygnus 27 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 802 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, International, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl
Description: Towering above the average dining experience, Cygnus 27 delivers new heights of style, flavor, and casual fun. Dine amid the sparkling night sky and enjoy an array of flavorful entrees that infuse fine cuisine with deliciously creative global influences. Drink in glittering city views from high atop the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Revel in the culinary mastery of Chef d' Cuisine Werner Absenger and the attention to detail of our award winning staff.
east greenwich, rhode island
“Mediocre food, lousy waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was very unpleasant and very inattentive. If she had smiled I might have overlooked her attitude and demeanor. Perhaps part of the problem was we were a large party and -Artprize also had a large party going on at the same time. The filet was overcooked, flavorless, and not tender. Had to ask repeatedly for napkins and cutlery. We waited a long time for dessert and longer for team or coffee. Great view made up for the mediocre dining experience

Visited September 2013
Carrie S, Manager at Cygnus 27, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing this important feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the unacceptable service and food you received. If you would be so kind, I would appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you directly to gather more information about your experience. Please email me at csmith@amwaygrand.com so that I can connect with you. Once again, we appreciate your business and you taking the time to review your experience.

At your service,

C. Kolehouse

Saint John, Indiana, United States
“Great Dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food was good, a little pricey. Selection of breads brought was great. The chocolate sphere dessert is worth eating dinner there! We travel alot and eat at many different restaurants and have never had anything like it. Great presentation and tasty!

Visited September 2013
Holland
“Good food. Excellent service. Excellent dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service was impeccable. We had a server and two server assistants. We never wanted for anything. Our every need was anticipated. The food was very good except for the sushi. It was surprisingly poor quality. It was 95% rice and very little filling. The desserts were excellent. The chocolate sphere was amazing! Probably the best dessert we've ever had. It is a ball of chocolate and your server pours warm ganache over top until it implodes and you see all the "goodies" inside. It was chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate. Amazing. The view is spectacular. Very beautiful and romantic.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful views, great service, so-so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went to this restaurant with some colleagues from work. The decor was nice, the view from the 27th floor of the Amway Grand was wonderful and the service was very good. I was less impressed with the food. It was very mediocre for the price. Although the menu is imaginative I was not blown away by the quality of the meals. This was a great visual experience but since this is a restaurant I would focus a bit more on the taste of the entrees.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Breathtaking views, amazing menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Cygnus still remains to be one of my favorite restaurants to visit. I travel quite a bit, but I always look forward to the innovative menu and drink list, and the spectacular view from the 27th floor. I think it is the perfect place to unwind with a friend, a group of colleagues or to relax by yourself. The decor is so beautiful, and I adore the music they play. The staff is top notch and always has great recommendations.

Visited July 2013