“Good atmosphere, but not much variety on appetizers” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cygnus 27 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 802 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, International, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl
Description: Towering above the average dining experience, Cygnus 27 delivers new heights of style, flavor, and casual fun. Dine amid the sparkling night sky and enjoy an array of flavorful entrees that infuse fine cuisine with deliciously creative global influences. Drink in glittering city views from high atop the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Revel in the culinary mastery of Chef d' Cuisine Werner Absenger and the attention to detail of our award winning staff.
Byron Center, Michigan
“Good atmosphere, but not much variety on appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

drinks were fine, but only few appetizers were available on the menu, the best of the restaurant is the "view", at the 27th floor of the Amway Hotel, it's worth it to visit.

Visited July 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Relaxing with Great Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I had a nice Saturday night dinner. We opted for a small plates menu. I started with the Asian Salad and my wife with the Lobster Bisque, both were delicious. We then shared four small plates (duck rangoons, lobster cakes, shortribs, and tuna ceviche). One complaint was that the 4 dishes were served together -- the tuna was the only cold dish, but was the most mild of the dishes - a stagger should have been suggested by the server. We also had dessert. The meal was more than enough for us.

The views were great. Service was very good. Only flaw I mentioned above. But the team was very enthusiastic and very attentive, but gave us our privacy.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Loved everything. Food was fantastic, service was fantastic and so was the view. Can't wait to go back!!

We started with a few cocktails that were made perfect. We were brought out bread and butter that was like most restaurants. For an appetizer we had the mussels and those were great. After we finished they brought out raspberry sorbet before our food came. That was divine. I had the shrimp and scallops and my husband the salmon. Both of us went on and one to each other how great it was. When we finished, we were then brought macaroons out. Let me just say, I could have taken a box home for later!! They were amazing!

Visited June 2013
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Dessert is good here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I feel the food is pretty good but over priced. Kind of a cold atmosphere but the dessert was good and rich. If you are looking for a view, this IS THE PLACE.

Visited June 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Sometimes It's Just Worth It...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Sometimes you just need to go into a dining experience prepared to pay for a premium experience. If you are looking to dine in a premium setting on a budget, Cygnus 27 is not the place to do it. A dinner for two at this fine dining restaurant can easily set you back $150 or more. However if you want a romantic dinner for two for that special occasion, set aside some cash and take the elevator up to the 27th floor of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. You won't be disappointed!

I am a steak-loving foodie. The steak that I had at Cygnus 27 was definately one of the best I have ever had from anywhere. It was a 12-ounce NY Strip encrusted with a hickory rub and served with Peruvian purple potatoes and grilled asparagus. At $49 I had high expectations. I was not disappointed. This was such a fantastic feast paired with a lovely Pinot Noir I was in heaven and it lasted all night. Truly memorable.

The restaurant has great views of Grand Rapids and the sunset. A great stop for a romantic dinner for two. BTW, this hotel has a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the lobby. Having a signature steak to compete takes a special kind of chef. They have one here.

• Visited May 2013