“I love Tillmans” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #449 of 782 restaurants in Grand Rapids
“I love Tillmans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Going to Tillmans is like a scene out of Mad Men! I love that the Decor is still the same retro look! The Escargot is fabulous! The best around. The Prime Rib is always a good choice as well as their Shrimp & Salmon. Everything is reasonably priced and we always have great service. We went there on New Year's Eve so they had a special menu. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dinner.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch at Tillmans. It was awesome so decided to take friends there for dinner. Appetizers of escargot and shrimp were awesome. Service was great but from here downhill. Entrees poor. One guest had petite filet...overlooked. One guest had shah-kabob.....overlooked. One guest had liver and onions....tasted l,e it was over the expiration date. One guest had prime rob...great. Had so looked forward to this well established restaurant. Perhaps the chef had a bad day but never again

Visited September 2013
Sparta
“Excellent food, lots of choices, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rarely do you find a restaurant that offers frog legs, kebabs, and liver and onions, as well as the usual steak and chicken, all at very reasonable prices. The prices for dinner were about $13 to $18, although some of the steaks were more. My liver and onions were cooked to perfection, and a friend really liked the frog legs. The waitress was very personable. The biggest knock I have about Tillman's is that it is so dark I had difficulty reading the menu. Even at the end of the meal when my eyes should have been completely adjusted to the light (or lack thereof), I had trouble reading the credit card receipt.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“One of my favorite places to frequent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant on a regular basis for the past few years. Service is always great and everyone is very friendly and helpful. Food is delicious, no matter what I order (steak, sandwich, salad, and on Saturday afternoons they even serve breakfast!) On top of that, drinks are well priced and well made. Never had a bad experience at Tillman's.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“So bad wont go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Last night six of us went to Tillmans to have dinner one hour before we got our appitizers another hour before getting our dinner order in. Wanted thier liver and onions well of course they did'nt have any liver, so no dinner ordered for one of us. Then steaks orderd med rare needless to say very rare nasty tiny steak. The waitress has four tables and served a table that arrived way after us they had all their food before our order was even taken. Out of all six of us not one person said they would go back and mind you a few years ago we loved it, not any more I wont ever spend a dime in this palce awful very disapointed.

• Visited April 2013