“Outside of the stains and noise it was OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4495 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512 (Formerly Hotel Royale of Grand Rapids)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #29 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grand Rapids
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed three nights at this hotel with a sports team. Our stay was unpleasant right from check-in. The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. They were also not willing to accommodate a late check-out of 1pm. Their check-out time is 11am. Breakfast was awful...burnt biscuits, gross eggs and meats. Bathroom door didn't even close, and there was mold in the shower.
Definitely not worth the money. Pillows were hard. When we called to request the late check-out, and mentioned our issues with the stay, the manager called back to say she could throw us out. Why? We didn't do anything wrong, and we weren't mean to them. The cable television went out one night, right after the conversation with the manager.
One housekeeper was kind enough to swap our used towels for a couple of new ones when she was outside our room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We ended up staying here unexpectedly when we were forced out of a previous hotel due to a water leak. We were in town for a 2 night stay for a medical procedure I had to undergo the next morning, and our original hotel had no empty rooms when the water fiasco occurred around 10 PM. I was hysterical and we were stressed out and exhausted. Thank God for the Wyndham Garden saving the day! They not only welcomed us at 10:30 PM as refugees <g>, but Brenda P. was the ultimate in professionalism, calming us down, assuring us we'd have the perfect room for my post-procedure needs----a lovely double queen, ground-floor room right by the back exit so I didn't have to walk far and could have my required rest in a separate bed so hubby didn't have to worry about disturbing me. She even helped straighten out the billing between the first hotel and the Wyndham. In my opinion, customer service like THAT is what makes a great hotel.
The property is only a few months old so everything is like new. There's also a lovely courtyard for sitting (just watch out for wasp nests) and a good breakfast in the morning. Our stay was perfect, just perfect...and the medical procedure went fine, too, in case you're wondering. I was able to recoup in peace and comfort. Thank you, Wyndham Garden!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel staff did not know how to fix keycard access problems and malfunctioning treadmill.
Hotel staff did not inform me on check-in that parking lots were going to be resurfaced causing early am noise and interrupted sleep.
Hotel staff indicated at check-out that either a credit or Reward points would be provided to address service problems. Neither received one week later.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Redford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a good feeling from the minute that we stepped into the lobby. The woman working at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very clean and had a nice view of the courtyard. However, on our way home from the hotel I realized I was missing one of my favorite rings that I had purchased on a trip to Mexico with some of my girlfriends. I called the hotel and was very distraught when I was told that the ring was not found. I received a call about a week later to follow up on my situation. They extended the search to outside of the room as well making sure it was not in any hallway or on the elevator. While I was very appreciative of the follow up I was disappointed to find out the ring had still not turned up. THEN about 2 weeks later I received another call...the ring had been found in the room!! Somehow it had been wedged between the headboard and the mattress. I am so thankful to the employees for going above and beyond in order to find my ring and return it back to me! Positive experiences like this are too few and far between. Wyndham will always have my recommendation!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!