“Very Nice Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Very Nice Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I live in Grand Rapids, but I had to stay at this hotel for a few days while I was between a house I had rented and one I had bought. I had my two kids with me as well. It was a great stay!
Granted, I got a great rate on Hotwire, but had I paid full-price, I would have been happy here.
It is a fairly new (I think) hotel in a very quiet area yet close to food and shopping. The staff there was amazing, and seemed genuinely concerned with my stay.
There is a lounge and restaurant on-site, though the breakfast prices were a little high and the lounge staff was inattentive, at least the one time I went. I'm used to a free breakfast at hotels, and spending $20 for my kids and me seemed high.
The pool and the exercise rooms were in great shape, and the kids had a blast in the larger-than-normal pool, as did I.
The internet connection was solid and reliable, and there is also a nice business center in the lobby area.
The rooms were quiet and comfortable. The showers were amazing, but I have come to expect that from the Holiday Inn brand.
Overall, a great stay! I will suggest this to people coming to Grand Rapids.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a quiet area, so I suspect all the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Holiday Inn was the same quality that we expected-clean, neat, staff was welcoming, room was fine-comfortable bed, quiet and dark at night-just what we wanted. The price was better than the other Inns in town and the location was fine. We chose it only because of a trip change and it was the only one available at the last minute. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 5 year old son, and I booked a room for a little get away from home (we live about 20 minutes away). The ladies at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. Immediately after check in we visited the pool which was very nice and well maintained (I hate it when u get to the pool and there are no pool towels). The room we had was very nice. There were a few stains on the carpet where it looked like a little kid had colored on the carpet (no big deal, I'm not gonna sleep on the floor!) The bathroom was very clean as were the beds. We had breakfast buffet this morning at the restaurant downstairs. It was normal breakfast fair (eggs, meat, cereal, breads) it was fine. I am very happy with this hotel - we will definately book again.

• Stayed August 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here on the first night of our family vacation. We were traveling with youg children and needed adjoining rooms. The staff was very attentive to our needs from the time we made our reservation until our departure. The property was beautiful and well kept. Rooms were spacious and spotless! Loved this property and would certainly stay again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are looking for an place close to the airport, this a a good place. Very easy to get to. Everything was very clean, the staff was very attentive, just a nice place overall. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
san juan capistrano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

When going to Grand Rapids recently we stayed at this hotel. It looked new and clean from the outside, but once inside it was a different story. Even though we had reservations we were given the handicap room which had dirty carpets, was very dark and had a broken desk chair with stains. The bathroom was minimal. The beds were clean superficially, but one wonders in view of the room appearance. The restaurant did not seem appealing so we did not eat there. Had a drink in the bar which was decent. Needs some constant maintenance to improve this property.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear drishi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the cleanliness and condition of the room. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Schaumburg IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Traveling to celebrate graduations in Grand Rapids, MI, & needing 2 rooms overnight, we were very pleased to find the Holiday Inn Airport. Lovely hotel in an easily accessible location close to everything we needed. Front desk staff was terrific: friendly, knowledgeable & informative. The lobby had just been redone & looked beautiful and inviting. Our rooms were super-clean & spacious, with the best-designed bathrooms I've ever seen in this level of hotel, including a nice walk-in shower with great water pressure. We had breakfast in the restaurant, which offered a full & varied menu and excellent service. The toast could have been hotter and the coffee was unremarkable, but a decent on-site restaurant is still a bonus. Nice to see that Holiday Inns are still a wonderful option for travelers. Well done!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport? Share your experiences!