“Was wonderful ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 26 Attractions in Grand Rapids
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Children direct their own learning at this hands-on museum with both permanent and changing exhibits, where they play with slippery bubbles, study a live beehive, learn the magic of mirrors and more.
Champaign
“Was wonderful ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We came here with our family of children 4-11, at first we where worried if there will be activities for the older kids. In the end there was so much to do, we did not even get to see the whole place.

The front desk staff where very friendly and welcoming. The other staff on the floor, some where awesome, others not available to answer questions. But overall most where great. Just could use more staff to help kids out.

Will come back here again.

“Closed on Mondays. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Awkward to be closed on Mondays. Place looked like a lot of fun, hoping to revisit on our way back home to Indiana.

Sarasota, Florida
“Fun, but needs to be more safe.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had fun at the childrens museum, but building contains many safety hazards that could result in you child getting hurt as mind did. The exposed brick corners are jagged, and when my 20 month old child knelt down to get a golf ball she bruised her forehead on the corner. These should be covered or padded in my opinion. Also, there are metal poles in the middle of walkways that should be padded to child height. Lastly, there were electrical outlets that had plugs and cords exposed. A child could easily pull these out. If I were the museum, I would take care of these safety issues before something more serious happens.

Visited June 2014
Wyoming, Michigan
21 attraction reviews
“Great place for kids!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I must admit that as an adult, I enjoy this museum as much as my son. Plenty of things to do for everyone. Very helpful staff.

Visited August 2013
Portage, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun at the GRCM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My daughter loves the Grand Rapids Children Museum. They change their exhibits regularly which makes each trip unique. They also have special events such as family nights. As you enter there is a small door for only kids to enter through which my daughter really enjoys and it just adds that extra touch of excitement for children :).

Visited November 2013