“Excellent food!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Dined with friends and we all had different orders. I enjoyed "the bistro's " version of shrimp scampi - which was VERY good but might call it shrimp skimpy. Though they were larger, I would have expected more than 3 shrimp atop my garlic-tomato sauced pasta - or maybe it wasn't shrimp scampi I was served? But it did taste most excellent! I would say the meals we ordered were a bit overpriced by $2-3 each.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Syracuse, NY
“Had a great meal here, but I'd call this place French, more than European”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The appetizer special was a watermelon salad with pistachios and feta crumble on it, arranged on one of those long plates. It was really good. Basically, the food is good ingredients prepared with extra attention. That's how I'd summarize this place.

Service was good too, but we were there before the Friday dinner rush started, so not sure how it would be once it got busy.

This place doesn't look like much on the outside, and outdoor seating would not be terribly romantic as it's in a strip mall, but inside it was fine, clean and classy enough.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very good dining near the airport.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this fine restaurant multiple times and have enjoyed the delightfully comfortable setting and very good food each time. The menu offers a good selection of small plates for starters, and a range of main course options to please almost any diner.

I have traveled to Grand Rapids regularly for many years, and this is the one spot I've returned to most often for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Not like the European Bisto's I've been in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had a BOGO coupon for this place. We were seated right away. The menu is small. We were in a hurry, so we ordered 2 pizza's..It took 25 mins from order to delivery and the pizza's were not 'hot'; warm but not hot. They were fine, maybe a little skimpy. $12 for a 10in pizza with no meat and not that much cheese I thought was a little pricey. Our server was fine, definitely not great.

I wouldn't go back for the food. Atmosphere was ok, needs more art on the walls.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fine dining in Kentwood/Cascade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My first visit to this relatively new restaurant was very good. I chose one of the daily specials, a New York strip steak, and was very pleased. The menu will definitely bring me back to enjoy a variety of dishes that sound delicious.

The service was just a bit shy of what I desired, but did not hinder a wonderful dining experience.

The atmosphere seems so close to perfect. Maybe one idea from being a very warm and inviting. It's wonderfully quiet, and perfect for couples.

Overall, a "must visit" choice!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere