“No issues” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Cincinnati, OH
“No issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights while in town for work. The hotel sits behind a shopping area. My room was quiet and clean. Looks like a recent remodel to the facility. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was typical fare, although one extra nice feature for me was the single serve Soy milk in the fridge during breakfast! Haven't seen that before for those of us that avoid dairy in hotels.

The exercise room is very basic and small-2 treadmills, 1 elipitical and not much room to do anything else. I used the treadmill and it was fine. The pool looked clean.

There are some places to eat close by-mainly chains. I went downtown for one meal. There is a Panera less than a mile away and also a starbucks.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
David and Kim,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay. We were happy to hear you were able to utilize our fitness center and recognized the pride we take in keeping our pool clean and inviting.
I am pleased to announce that starting in July our breakfast will undergo a complete overhaul and offer several additional upgraded offerings like fresh spinach, salsa, additional sweat breads, expanded oatmeal toppings, cold cut deli meat and cheese Monday-Friday. It’s a pleasure to offer guests a variety of food options including Silk Milk.
Again thank you for your kind review of our renovated and modernized hotel. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and accommodations are pleased to hear you experienced both. We look forward to serving you during your next visit to Grand Rapids.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our intention was to spend the holiday weekend on the beaches of lake Michigan. As most probably know, hotels are pricey on the water this time of year. We opted to stay on the west side of Grand Rapids and commute to the water. This hotel was perfect for that. 30 minutes and boom, you were there. Springhill Suites was super clean and very friendly. The staff was top notch and everyone must enjoy their jobs. Cause it showed. Rooms were a great size and worked very well with our 5 member family. Breakfast was wonderful also. Only downfall was the hot tub that was not in service. I found out from the front desk that the ADA regulations stated it needed a hoist lift and its present tub location couldn't fit one. So, Hot tub is done there. You can go next door to their sister hotel and use theirs. All in all. I WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Birchtreefan,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay. It is true our location is ideal for travelers looking to enjoy the lake shore and not pay the prices of those lake shore hotels. Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional service and I am delighted to hear you experienced that during your stay.
I agree that the loss of our hot tub is unfortunate however we take pride in keeping out indoor pool comfortable and a place for families to relax. We also have rooms with jetted tubs in them so if you’re ever back in Grand Rapids I might recommend that as an alternative to a public hot tub.
Thank you again for your kind review, we look forward to serving you during your next visit to Grand Rapids.
St Austell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had not stayed at a Springhill Suites before so was pleasantly surprised. The suite was spacious and comfortable and well appointed for work and rest. A decent breakfast and welcoming, accommodating staff made for a pleasant 3 night stay. There are places to eat very close by and downtown is a short taxi ride away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Biztravr,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your most recent stay. Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional service and accommodations and I was happy to hear you experienced both.
We look forward to serving you during your next visit to Grand Rapids, Beer City USA!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

It is your typical Sprinhhill Suites very consistant clean, large rooms and friendly staff. A little ways from Grand Rapids and the better brew puds and places to eat. It sits back from the road so it is quite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike W.,
On behalf of the entire staff of the SpringHill Suites North I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay. I was delighted to share your comments with our staff and to read that you found both our location and rooms to be satisfactory.
Again, we are delighted to hear your enjoyed yoru stay and look forward to serving you during your next visit to Grand Rapids!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I realized today after staying at this location numerous times that I haven't reviewed the property. As mentioned by other reviewers, the price to stay here is a little high compared to other near by properties. I have found that if you ask you might be able to negotiate a lower price. As far as the fitness center issues that have been mentioned, I don't find it to be quite as bad as mentioned. There are two treadmills, an elliptical, and free weights. All weights above 25lbs are missing from the rack. This should be addressed. If you are a hardcore exercise guru that needs more than this, you must realize this is a fitness center and not your local gym. If you need more than this you should be at the Marriott, JW, or Courtyard downtown. My stays have always been pleasant and the employees have been friendly. Breakfast is typical for a Springhill. The rooms have always been clean.

A side note, there are many great local restaurants within 15 minutes. Don't settle for the fair chain restaurants.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Regionaltraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your most recent stay. It sounds like you are both a seasoned traveler and a frequent guest of ours. We appreciate your patronage and honest review of your stay.
I have been working with a company to build up our selection of free weights and please be assured it has been a priority for several months to bring in quality weights our guests will enjoy using. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review myself and the entire staff appreciates receiving valued guest feedback.
We look forward to serving you during your next visit to Grand Rapids!
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Typical Springhill Suites, clean rooms, recently updated and convenient to freeways, although it sits way back off Alpine and would be difficult to find after dark. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, again...typical Springhill experience. $159/night for its location seemed pricey to me, as there is not much but restaurants and retail in the area. HI Express next door was $40 cheaper, but I try to book Marriott for the points. Probably wouldn't stay here again unless I could get a better rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Mr. Waylontdog,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your latest stay in Grand Rapids. As a senior contributor to Trip Advisor you opinion and feedback is very valuable and appreciated.
I understand the rate seemed a bit pricey however I can assure you for a newly removed Marriott property with the proximity to downtown and shopping/dining our prices are competitive for this market. I cannot speak for the HI Express next door that has not been newly renovated.
We hope that you will still consider us as an option with looking for accommodations in Grand Rapids in the future. Thank you again for your kind remarks and we hope to see you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very clean rooms! The breakfast was good and the service was excellent. This hotel is in a good safe location with restaurants nearby. I was traveling on business and I recommend this hotel. There is also a 24hr pantry with goodies and snacks. I didn't use the pool, but I peeked at it and it looked clean and chairs and towels were all put out really nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RachelCrowther, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Octorafest,
On behalf of the entire staff of the Springhill Suites North I would like to thank you for writing a review of your most recent stay. Reviews on Tripadvisor not only help future guests but help the staff make improvements and celebrate memorable service, something it sounds like you experienced.
Service is the name of our game and to have experienced a clean room, good breakfast and excellent service is something we take great pride in providing to all our guests every stay. We look forward to serving you during your next visit to Grand Rapids.
Thank you again for you kind review.
Rachel Crowther, CHA

Been to SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!