“Same ole Ruth Chris......Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
187 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-2621 (Formerly The 1913 Room)
616-776-6426
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 785 restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pearl at Monroe
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Same ole Ruth Chris......Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011 via mobile

There are many great steakhouses, some chains as good as Ruth Chris.....but none better. Love the cowboy ribeye with sweet potato casserole. Expensive but worth it.

85% Recommend
Saint Louis, Missouri
“First red meat for me in two months, and OH what a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

After switching to a vegetarian diet, with a couple of pieces of salmon over the past two months, I was willing to give red meat a try again just to see...

All I can say is "wow" on this one! After an appetizer of calimari - you HAVE to order this - I had the "petite" filet mignon (8 ounces) cooked perfectly to medium rare. My co-worker and I split two sides: the loaded baked potato and the creamed spinach. It was all absolutely perfect and so very delicious!

Good wines suggested by our waiter, and the recommendation for the bread pudding to go with our coffee was spot-on for dessert. :)

This was my first time at a Ruth's Chris, and I typically avoid chains, but this was fab. I was tickled to see the hostesses smartly dressed in black suits, nylons, and pumps. Our waiter had two "serving assistants," which I thought was a bit over the top but let me tell you - we never lacked for refills on our ice water, we never had to wait for a plate to be cleared, etc. They all worked so well together we never even really noticed they were needed until they showed up!

Absolutely - I recommend this restaurant. You can't go wrong!

• Visited November 2011
Ada, Mi
“Upscale chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011 via mobile

Recently had a dinner with my wife at newly opened Ruth's Chris in Grand Rapids. Very similar almost cliche menu to other upscale steak houses. Staff extremely courteous and nice wine list ( but also cliche with some of their high end offerings)
Food was well portioned and they also do the 500 degree plate to finish cooking. My wife's filet ended up being nearly well done although she ordered medium.
We didn't try desert but may try another time.
Will eat there again but I hope for something more than the name since there are other equally good steak houses in Grand Rapids

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Fabulous service, fabulous food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We went to Ruth's Chris (new to Grand Rapids) for a birthday celebration on a Saturday night. We had reservations, arrived five minutes before our stated time, and still had to wait about 10 minutes. The bar was packed, and we stood uncomfortably packed in a corner, so our first impression was shaky. However, once we were seated, our evening improved. The service was prompt and professional. Our server answer our questions thoughtfully. Wine service was excellent. Because we were with friends we were in no hurry, and our server never rushed us. Appetizers and dinner were perfectly paced. My steak was tender and delicious and cooked to a perfect medium rare. Our friends had seafood - at a steak house - and raved about their dishes as well. Our server seemed to appear magically whenever we needed her but never hovered. Desert was delicious, our coffee steaming hot, and the birthday guest received a special desert that was beautifully presented. We had a lovely evening, and expect that this restaurant in this location will be quite successful.

• Visited October 2011
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Wonderful addition to the Grand Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We visited the newly opened Ruth's Chris Steakhouse after it had only been open for few days and the food and the service were already fabulous. We had made a reservation for 8 people and we were seated promptly upon our arrival. We started with a crabtini for an appetizer and it was wonderful in presentation as well as flavor. For the main course we all ordered steaks with a mix of petite fillets and bone-in ribeyes. They were are cooked to perfecction and the sides were wonderful as usual. The dessert of the night was the apple crumb tort which can easily be shared by 4 people. Great wine list and if you want something more adventureous, Reserve wine bar is right across the street and it is incredible as well.

• Visited September 2011