“The Reception Was Fabalous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids

You added Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 28th Street Southeast, Across from Woodland Mall, Grand Rapids, MI 49512   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Laurel, Maryland
“The Reception Was Fabalous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had my reception at this hotel. My contact was Kristin Ingersoll the Sales Manager 3333 28th Street Southeast • Grand Rapids, MI • 49512-1677 Phone: (616) 949-9222. Since I was out of state we had a lot of talking, planning etc. She was able to work with me and my wedding planner who was also out of state. There was not one glitch misstep or mistake. I was even over an hour late to my reception and Kristen held it all together. Kristen was available it seem 24 hours…she kept me informed and kept track of all my requests. We also had discounted rooms for the guest along with the suite for the wedding party. The staff that served the food was ever so gracious and took care of the wedding party like royalty. My relatives are still talking about the reception hall and the rooms. Even the children had fun with the pool. I highly recommend Kristen (Ramada) for any of your parties, reunions etc. She is great and I am so appreciative of the way she handled my wedding party and guest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Boston, Ma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The level of noise coming from the floor above us and from the hallway were too much when combined with an older bed. My wife put in earplugs and did ok, unfortunately I didn't have any. Nice TV in the room is about the only positive. Very inexpensive and it shows.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Inn with family back in April to celebrate Spring Break. I regret ever using my debit card. For 1 the hotel is in need of a major make-over. Dirty dingy carpet a rancid odor in the halls and some appliances didn't even work (tv and remote). Don't even get me started on the filthy pool area that somehow has been deemed a water park more like a hazard with the excess amounts of chlorine. The bathroom was no treat either and i had the biggest suite available in this hole. We ended up checking out the next day and were told we only had to pay a fee of $77.04 because of our inconvenience everything else would be refunded which it was. So it was to my surprise when I looked into my account yesterday a month later and found it to read -394 dollars USD. Apparently the night my card was swept in April at the front desk some type of "glitch" occurred and they didn't receive their money. Yet they managed to refund me the difference of the $308 that was suppose to be charged to my card that night. So when I contacted the Ramada Inn they did nothing for me they told me they had a "glitch" in the system and my card didn't run correctly that night. Which is their fault yet somehow I have taken full responsibility for their irresponsible business behavior and malfunctioning computer system and am left with a $394 balance that I can't afford to pay for till next month. So unless you like glitches and unexpected charges that send you into overdraft stay away from this facade of a hotel. They will tell you you spent money that wasn't yours if you receive a refund. When in actuality they didn't take the money that was waiting for them in the account you charged your room to because of "glitches". I've never experienced "glitches" at any other properly running establishment never will visit a Ramada again.

Room Tip: Go 2 Another Hotel 4 A Good Room None Available Here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

If you plan on staying in this hotel make sure NOT to get a room with window facing the so called waterpark that the hotel has as your room will reek chlorine fumes unbearable to sleep.

• Stayed May 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is an older well used hotel who's main attraction appears to be the indoor pool area. The (only) really good thing is the nice big flat screen TV. We had a room too close to the pool area. This made it really clorine_ee smelling inside the room and generally on that whole half of the property close to the pool. It ranged from mildly annoying to eye watering bad. The beds were OK the room was clean when we arrived. We didin't get our room serviced for two days and when they finally did they forgot to leave any towels. so tromp all the way down the hall to get towels and not even a "sorry" from the people working up front. The pool area itself it a strang mixture of tiki hut and industial pool area. It seems run down from use, not a lack of maintenance. There is a game room with several non working video games and alot of kids running to and fro. They do enfore the quiet hours but at 8:00AM it gets busy right away (and noisy) If you sleep late or are a light sleeper, STAY AWAY FROM THE POOL. Others have mentioned the falling ceilings but I didn't see that. It is an old property with old issues, like stained sinks, dingy meeting rooms etc. All in all there are better places to take the kids swimming for a winter weekend.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We were there for weekend for womans bowling tournament, and really enjoyed the hotel. When we arrived untill we checked out Front Desk staff and Manager were very friendly and really made it an enjoyable stay. Rooms that we had were very clean and comfortable as was the whole hotel. Housekeepers do a great job. Really liked the fact that they had adult time in the pool area. We had the breakfast both mornings and it was very good. Will not hesitate to stay there whenever we are in the area again and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Boardman, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have made it a point to stay here every time I am in Grand Rapids for over than a year, approximately 6 times. The staff is great and friendly, in particular Kristen. She is sales management but she is always around the property, mingling with guests. She also runs their happy hour Tues and Wed nights, chatting it up with the guests and making everyone feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!