“Cheap and adequate but a little rundown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   777 Three Mile Road, Grand Rapids, MI 49544   |
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
“Cheap and adequate but a little rundown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The room was dated but okay especially for the price, but the bathroom was a little rundown. The shower was nice though. On the whole, nothing offensive but nothing great either, apart from being cheap. The location is on the outskirts of Grand Rapids but is within walking distance of a bus to downtown, which was great since we were on bikes.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
grand rapids
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Warning: unless you like sleeping with cockroaches and aren't afraid of getting caught in a drive by shooting or someone breaking in in the middle of the night to steel your money for some crack don't stay here! I just relocated for work and needed a cheap place to crash for the night and wow do I regret not spending that extra $10.00 for a nicer hotel. I don't know how a place like this is still running. The staff doesn't wear uniforms or act professional. The rooms stink and are disgusting! For get a shower I'll stink less and feel cleaner not getting in there! The worst part about it is the fact that as soon as I went to lay my head down a cockroach fell on to my pillow, and they are crawling everywhere this place is infested! talk about WTF!!!!! UGH!! no sleep tonight!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mike Y, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
First of all the hotel never ever had a roach problem,the building is concrete the doors are metal and we never had a roach problem, Second there is no drive by shooting either ,the F word is reflective of the person who use it ,I don't need to say more about that, Third we have no record of Michelle K staying at the hotel !!! during October ,so I need to see that the person negatively complaining with foul language about roach infestation have a room number and a receipt folio showing our name or location ,then we can remediate their complaint and make them whole and happy in a fair way. We value all our guests and treat them with respect.

Best Regards.

Al
Manager
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were amazed that Best Value Inn would have its name on this motel. The rooms were dirty and our socks were filthy from walking on the rug. The shower splashed out on the floor in the bathroom and when I wiped up the water, the towel was filthy. It seemed that management did not really care about keeping the property up. There seemed to be a lot of people that lived there during the week and some of them were pretty weird. We felt uncomfortable staying here and would not stay here again. Even though the rooms were smoke free, you smelled cigarette smoke all over. It was also very noisy. The only good thing I can say is that the price is cheap and they did put a fridge in our room when we asked for one.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike Y, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your review, please note that we are implementing the ban on smoking on the hotel property and initiating more training for housekeeping dept and front office as we are taking your comments very seriously, Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

There were a ton of events going on in GR when we were in town for a soccer tourney and this place was literally the only one with a room available. I hesitantly booked, base on the three recent, good reviews. NEVER AGAIN! I didn't feel completely safe. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. Dim lighting, only two towels in the bathroom. Marginally clean. Never took off my flipflops or used the shower because it just didn't seem clean. Next time - I'll drive the 4 hours round trip, rather than stay at this place!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here for the first time while on business. The hotel was within 10 minutes of the airport. My room was spacious and clean and had a coffee maker. Included free Internet and plenty of parking. Hotel has easy free way access. Staff was friendly at check in and check out. Hotel exceeded my expectations as I got a fantastic rate on the Internet. Can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2013
Mike Y, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We are very pleased that you were happy with your stay. Thank you very much for sharing you comments. We hope to see you again in the future.
Traverse City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of my favorite little nitch hotels I like to stay in in Grand Rapids.
The hotel room was clean, and so was the pool. The beds were comfortable enough, and the staff was nice.
Some of the facilities are a little older, and the rooms are not perfect but for the price it is a good deal, and unlike many hotels in this price range, I felt comfortable sleeping on the sheets.

I was comfortable walking to the Speedway down the street at night.
The only sad thing was in my most recent trip they got rid of their waffle maker, but that was ok, as there is a McDonald's within walking distance as well.

Room Tip: Showers are small, but able to accommodate most sized people.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for all of your nice comments and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We try very hard very hard to provide all of our guests with good accommodations at a reasonable price. Hope you stay with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Old Tv and bed...Was an motel six a few years ago..They did there best to keep clean with old stuff but a good stay..A single guy that need a cheap place for the night This would be the place I would not have my wife and kid here though Good for the price...

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!