“Excellent Value on Calvin College's Campus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conference Center at Calvin College

Prince Conference Center at Calvin College
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
Prince Conference Center at Calvin College
1800 East Beltline SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546   |
Ranked #1 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent Value on Calvin College's Campus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Recently stayed at the Prince Conference Center while visiting our daughter who attends Calvin College. The hotel is very well maintained and rooms are spacious and clean. Extremely convenient to events on campus. The complimentary breakfast was good and there is a very large lobby/seating area. The parent rate is very reasonable. I'd recommend staying here if you are visiting Calvin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Stroms5,

Thank you for the wonderful comments, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back at the Prince Conference Center soon.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Prince COnference Center located on Calvin College property is the best hotel experience ever. Very peaceful, beautiful location, great people and I love the cafe area where hot water and tea is availabel 24/7. Small but nice exercise room. Great price for accommodations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
TripHapy

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Prince Conference Center. We hope to see you in the future.

Rochester Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is an great hotel in a great location. I had a meeting in Downtown Grand Rapids and I found the downtown hotels to be a little expensive. My room at the Prince conference center was large and had a very comfortable King bed. The room was very clean. I found the staff to be very freindly and helpful. It is only a 10 minute ride to the downtown area. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Jim P.

Thank you for your kind response. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you in the future.

Brownsburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife, our Exchange Student, and I stayed at PCC on Thursday, April 4. We were there for our daughter's Fridays at Calvin visit, while she spent the night in a dorm.

Our room was clean and tidy. The king bed was comfortable. Our exchange student also found the pullout bed to be comfortable as well. Her only complaint was the snoring, but I don't think I can pass that on to the hotel. : )

The bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure. We all enjoyed the shampoo, soap, and conditioner dispensers. The sink area was a bit small for the three people that needed it at the same time, but we worked it out.

The lobby is spacious and comfortable. We were also able to appreciate the gathering room and the large meeting room for the beginning of the Fridays at Calvin experience. The breakfast area is well kept. The food is fine (free continental breakfast); however, I would like to see improved biscuits to go with the biscuits and gravy, as they are a bit hard or just not fresh.

This is my second trip to PCC, as our daughter and I visited Calvin last fall during her first campus visit. In all likelihood, our daughter will choose to attend Calvin and my wife & I both agree that PCC will be our choice of stay when we occasionally visit from Brownsburg, IN.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vcook521, Manager at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
PhilJ925

We are happy that your family enjoyed your stay with us, and we are excited to hear that your daughter will be a Calvin Student.
We look forward to you and your family staying with us in the future.
I will pass your comments along about the biscuits on the breakfast and make sure that the situation is rectified.

Thank You!

San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our first stay at the conference center. My husband and I, my mother-in-law, and my 13-month old stayed in a suite and a queen room across the hall from each other. We arrived on a red-eye and had booked a room the night before so we could check in right away, but the suite was ready when we arrived so they didn't charge us for the extra night. They also gave us a late check out - very accommodating! The only negative I'd say was it was difficult to get the temperature just right in the room. Rooms were very quiet, clean and comfortable. It feels a touch like a hospital or dorm, but much nicer than that. Great value. All the staff were very friendly - Mary Ann in the breakfast room was so sweet with our daughter! (Even when she got Cheerios on the floor...) We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
SDKat45,
We are thrilled that you decided to stay with us. I am glad that you found everything enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.
Have a great afternoon.
Blessings,
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My son, his wife, infant daughter and I stayed in the Conference Center at Calvin College. They had a two room suite and I had a room with two queen beds. Their room was nice and gave us a relaxing place to visit and for the toddler to play. My room was very comfortable. The breakfast was quite good with a friendly helpful hostess. They left cookies, muffins and fruit as well as coffee and tea out all day. I arrived very late at night and was welcomed warmly by the receptionist. The lobby is large and comfortable with a gas log fireplace-a great place for a toddler to practice walking. The only problem was getting the temperature of the room regulated, but we finally figured it out.

Janaroni,
Thank you for your recent visit.
I am happy that you found your room comfortable and to your liking.
We hope to see you again soon.
Safe travels,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My high school daughter and I stayed here the night before she toured Calvin's campus and we enjoyed our short stay. It is actually where the Friday's tour started, so that we really nice.

The center is very nice and new as are the rooms. It does have a kind of institutional feel to it, but they have done a nice job incorporating a college meeting area with a hotel. They have a breakfast area that has the typical drinks, cereals, donuts, etc out for the morning and they have most of the finger foods out in the day as well. Nothing really great, but typical.
We stayed in a rooms with two double beds which was spacious, clean, and neat. Again, everthing seemed to be just about new. If anyone really cares, there was not a tub in my room, but just a shower.
I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
thinmint55, Meeting & Conference Planner at Prince Conference Center at Calvin College, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Steve H.,
We are glad that you found your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again as an "official" Calvin Parent.
Blessings,
Meeting & Conference Planner

Been to Prince Conference Center at Calvin College? Share your experiences!