“One of the best !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Reserve Wine & Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 799 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe & Lyon
Description: Reserve is proud to present Grand Rapids with our homage to Wine, Pork, Cheese and even more wine! Executive Chef Matt Green has developed a network of purveyors to supply Reserve with hand-selected, seasonal produce, pork, Michigan raised lamb, beef and fish to anchor a locally driven rustic yet refined menu of simple, eclectic fare. Our goal at Reserve is to source the best possible product as close to home as possible. Our Charcuterie bar will serve up local and international cheeses and meats along with Reserve exclusives, house made sausages, terrines, and pates. The extensive international wine list was developed by certified sommelier Peter Marantette. The list features 102 wines by the glass and a bottle list of nearly 300 selections. Artisan cocktails and a focused craft beer list round out a unique dining experience here at Reserve.
grand rapids Mich
“One of the best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had a great Dinner with Friends at Reserve on Friday night. The service was excellant,our server had great wine suggestions. (with a lengthy list of choices)We loved the Cheese and meat selections. We had a good time mixing and matching the dinner entree's. Over all great atmostphere,with excellant food and wine, makes for a great night out.

• Visited February 2012

Michigan
“Nice Stop for Charcuterie and Drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Wife and I stopped by before a show for a quick snack and a couple drinks. This was the second time we had been to Reserve and were looking forward to a couple items we had in the past.

We ordered the very healthy pork fat fries and a combination of 3 meats and 2 cheeses from the the charcuterie menu. For the meats, we went with the Prosciutto from Iowa, Salami Toscano and, at the recommendation of the bartender, the head cheese. Neither of us had had head cheese before and were a little reluctant at his suggestion. Upon the first taste, I was hooked! My wife was a little more apprehensive and did not particularly care for the texture. The other two meats were also delicious.

For the cheeses, we opted for one hard cheese, Sar Vecchio and one soft, Humboldt Fog. Both of these were incredible!

Reserve has a very nice wine and beer selection. On this night, we had limited time and were only able to enjoy one of each. Both of our visits to this restaurant have been very enjoyable and the wait staff has been very helpful. We will be going again very soon.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
traverse city
“It's the dining ambiance of Grand Rapids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

this was the second time that I was at the Reserve and all I can say is that I wish I lived closer.. To be able to drink the high end wines on a tap system is so very cool.. Shafer one point five.. are you kidding, and Silver Oak, these are Big Time wines and this is a Big Time Place.. I have wine envy.... Great Great and oh yeah really Great

• Visited October 2011
Traverse City, Michigan
“My go to place for entertaining family & friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I am fortunte to be a regular guest at Reserve so when I was recently entertaining friends (foodies, all of us) this was where we choose to spend our evening. Classic and chic, yet warm and inviting, Reserve is among my favorite hangouts. The hardest part of the evening was choosing WHAT to eat from the impressive locally-infused menu. What I love about eating out with friends is ordering up a variety of dishes and sharing, so we can all taste as much as possible. Cauliflower soup for starters...sinfully delicious! Roasted beet salad...warm and earthy. The risotto had chanterelles and was topped with a poached egg (everything is better with egg, right??). The pork belly...,my guilty pleasure...was crispy on the outside and mouth-watering on the inside...perfect! They were out of the pierogies by the time we arrived at 1030, but thankfully I was able to have them a couple days later (served with pancetta, chanterelles and chestnuts) and boy...they were worth the wait. I almost ordered a second helping! Reserve's staff is always friendly and knowledgable...and I'm confident in their ability to help me choose the perfect wine to pair with my dinner. Without question, Reserve is my #1 go-to place for entertaining family, friends, colleagues, clients - and even myself (when I'm flying solo).

• Visited November 2011
Michigan
“Great concept; uneven execution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stopped into the Reserve during ArtPrize in downtown Grand Rapids. We had heard that the wine list was impressive, and it was.
Pros: Our server was well-informed and graciously answered our questions about different choices of by-the-glass wines. We were pleased with her suggestions and our wine arrived promptly.
Cons: The decor of this rather small but cozy wine bar/restaurant is uneven. There is a beautiful piece of artwork above the bar that was a first prize winner of ArtPrize a couple of years ago. The seating is, however, oddly arranged around a long high table in the center of the room that cuts the room in half and makes walking through the restaurant awkward. The space upstairs is more inviting and would be a lovely area for small gatherings of friends or special occasions. It was not very busy when we were there, which surprised us since it was during ArtPrize. The lack of a crowd could, however, be because the food offered along with the wine is over priced for the quality and the amount.
Overall: We would return for a great glass of wine; we would eat dinner somewhere else.

• Visited October 2011