“I had my sights set a little too high” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“I had my sights set a little too high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The ambiance and menu are really great. I NEVER wait for a meal but we'd come a long way just to eat here. The food itself was pretty good, but based on reviews and expectations I left a little disappointed. I didn't really like what I got and our service was really slow. They forgot my daughters food and the kids food was not terrific and a little pricey.
In general I enjoyed the visit but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Super Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I went to this restaurant with my son. He ordered the spicy meatloaf sandwich and I had the curry corn chowder with 1/2 pulled pork jalapeño BBQ sandwich. Absolutely delicious! Unique meals, friendly server in Jasmine, and a good vibe. Highly recommend it.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“By chance but fortunate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were actually going to a restaurant nearby but they were closed so we ended up at The Electric Cheetah. It worked out well as we had heard good things but hadn't had a chance to check it out. Our server was attentive, friendly, and informative. It was a rare combination. My wife, daughter and I started with the Hot Goat Dip with naan. I enjoy naan so this was a good choice for me. My wife and daughter went with the Health Hutt and Mexican Quinoa Chicken. They enjoyed their meals. One of the items that we especially liked was their selections of Root beer. We enjoy Root beer sampling so this added to the enjoyment of the meal.

As I went to write this review I always like to read the feedback of others. It always amazes me that even a good restaurant,or even a great one, will get bad reviews. I wonder if it is the reviewer or maybe a bad day for their server or host. Rarely will reviews be all good or even all bad. I look at the bad reviews for the Electric Cheetah and say "I couldn't disagree more". That doesn't mean that those reviewers were wrong. It just means that my experience was just the opposite. Strong service, good food, a fun atmosphere, for a reasonable price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nearly perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

It was a cold, snowy Michigan evening and the Electric Cheetah was cozy, warm, and welcoming. The lighting was perfect; the hostess greeted us immediately. The diners were a diverse group: families, couples, girls' dinner. Excellent tomato saffron soup (creamy, with a little spice); fresh -- really fresh, and perfectly cooked) salmon; comfort-food perfect meatloaf. Nice though limited wine selection. Great service.
It gets crowded so go early.

Visited January 2014
Gaylord, Michigan, United States
“Snobby Rude Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went to this restaurant when in Grand Rapids holiday shopping, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Looked like a fun place to try. My husband and I immediately felt unwelcome as soon as we entered the door. The young lady seating us actually rolled her eyes when we walked in the door. We were not under or over dressed and are just regular people like everyone else. Maybe she was having a bad day? Our food was priced reasonably and sounded delicious, but we were disappointed when we finally got to taste it. The sandwiches were average, and the sweet potato fries were horrible. We continued to feel unwelcome in this establishment the entire time we were there. When the waitress cleared our table after we decided to take the last half of our meals to go she spilled dipping sauce all over my husband and never apologized. Now that I look back we should have not given them our business when we got the first eye roll when we came in. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Terrible all the way around!

• Visited December 2013