I was on a business trip in Grand Rapids, MI two weeks ago that required one overnight stay. I was looking for a hotel that had good reviews on TripAdvisor and included a complimentary breakfast - this one fit the bill. I would definitely stay there again.
Here's my review:
Complimentary breakfast – very good. Selection of three or four cold cereals, hot oatmeal, OJ, apple juice, cranberry juice, breads, bagels, scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffles, sausages and plain yogurt with a tray of sliced fruit on the side. Regular and skim milk are available. The breakfast attendant was very pleasant and quickly got me skim milk when I mentioned that the skim milk “fountain” was empty.
Complimentary light dinner – served each night from 5:00 – 7:00. I arrived after 7:00 so missed the dinner and therefore cannot comment on it.
Rooms - nice size (about 12' x 16', plus a 5’ x 6’ “entry” when you walk into the room between the door and the main part of the room), and lit fairly well, although the ceiling fixture is a bit dim. My room included refrig. & microwave.
Hallways - wide and well lit.
Shower - very strong water pressure, excellent shower head nozzle, and water gets comfortably hot. Bathroom is nice size - about 6.5' x 5', including a 2’ wide sink/vanity and excluding the bath/shower.
Towels - good size, fairly thick
Toilet paper and tissues – rather thin and rough – disappointing.
Bathroom amenities – good quality shampoo, conditioner and soap.
Two Queen Size Beds - Very comfortable with clean sheets.
Pillows – comfortable for fluffy pillows (I generally prefer flatter pillows, but these were fine).
Room curtains - kept the room nice and dark in the morning.
Outlets – Only two accessible outlets in the room, 3 of the 4 sockets in the two outlets were taken by lights and the alarm clock. The room needs more outlets to run personal electronic devices.
Computer in main lobby – a relatively old Compaq Presario that runs rather slow – disappointing.
Staff- friendly and helpful.
Workout room- 2 adequate treadmills , an elliptical trainer with way too much resistance – I could not get a smooth gait going on it, and a weight station that needs to be oiled – the movements on it are not smooth. The overhead TV works well. The room was kept at a very cool and comfortable temperature on the hot summer day I was there.
Pool - decent size and looked very clean. There is also a hot tub – I didn’t see what it looked like.
Hotel location – behind a mall – a bit desolate, but appears to be a safe area.
Free Shuttle Van – Reliable to/from airport – you need to call the hotel when you arrive at the airport and then let the front desk know a couple of hours in advance of when you need to go back to the airport. The shuttle van is a bit old – the interior, especially the seats, need to be refurbished.
Liked — Large, clean, comfortable room and hot shower, and friendly staff.
Disliked — lack of easily accessible outlets in room and thin, rough toilet paper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, MI hotel and enjoy convenient amenities, unrivaled customer service and an ideal location. Our hotel features free Wi-Fi, premium cable on flat-screen TVs, indoor pool and all you need to feel right at home. We are located just minutes from Gerald R. Ford International Airport as well as a great variety of museums and top shopping opportunities. Book your reservations at Country Inn & Suites and see what sets us apart from other Grand Rapids hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Hotel Grand Rapids
- Country Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Mi
- Country Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Country Inn
- Country Inn And Suites Grand Rapids