“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Cleveland, Ohio
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

not sure why anyone would say anything bad about this place.nice looking hotel away from the street for a quiet evening.staff was friendly rooms were very nice and very clean.i was very satisfied staying here and would again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Dennis t,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of our newly renovated NextGen style inn! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to this area.

Best regards,
Ami Tricomo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cadillac, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The remodel made the building and rooms look great and the lady working the front desk was very nice, knew her job and very efficient and helpful. Went to the trouble of making me a map and such, but left her (Brianna or Barbara??) and it went down hill fast. Room had a strong odor of dog/cat urine to start and looked like it had a week of dust and grim on it. Redone or made more modern looking but peel off the layer... sheets were stained with what looked like blood. Towels were ripped and had stains on them so bad it was scary but to top it off, they didn't even have face clothes in the room at all. Remote to the TV was missing. Called up to the front desk and the girl who checked us in was not there someone new had come in. Had to go up to the front desk ourselves to get "clean" towels, new sheets and a remote. The front desk did not have any face clothes and said they did not know how to get into the laundry room. The "clean" was still not a white clean, but smelled like they had been laundered. Upgraded the rooms, just not the towels. Talked to the extremely young child, who was very inappropriately dressed, practically falling out of her dress, who called herself the "general manager" in the morning and she actually looked at us and stated "OH, I see." apologized without even listening to us, talking so fast we could not even understand half of what she was saying. Very fake. horrible experience (with the exception of the 1st registration person) - horrible stay - horrible management

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Danielle t,

I cannot express how truly apologetic I am for your experience at our inn. I want to assure you and other tripadvisor travelers that, as evident by are previous reviews; this is not the usual experience for our guests and certainly not the caliber of service we strive to deliver. Had we known the condition of the room, we would have moved you to another available room immediately and would never expect anyone to stay in a room as the one you described above. We do appreciate your feedback and welcome any and all reviews, whether positive or negative, as it enables us to continue to strive to deliver a better experience for our guests. I am so deeply regretful that I was not able to rectify the situation to your satisfaction prior to check out and urge you to call me directly to discuss details of your stay. You can contact me at 616.942.0800 ext. 402.

With deepest regret,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Call me old fashioned but I prefer old style Red Roof Inns with carpet and normal bedding. The newly remodelled inns have slippery laminate wood floors (terrible for dogs and they are very dog friendly) and the European comforter style bedding is hot and uncomfortable in the summer. I guess I would say it is indeed like putting lipstick on a pig. The new vanity sinks -- square vessel-types -- are so high you can barely use them. In any case this Red Roof is well located and has Bob Evans and IHOP in walking distance plus close to Target and Wal-Mart. They still take dogs for free and the new rooms have coffee makers, microwave and fridge in them, so very good value for the money. Check-in and check-out very slow.

Room Tip: The nearer the office you can get a room the better as you will be nearer to ice and vending plus cl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear davidhp1950,

Thank you for sharing your review with fellow tripadvisor travelers! Although I am I huge fan of the laminate wood floors and the sinks, I understand the sentiment of preferring the “old style.” It’s interesting to see what room types and styles people prefer and we appreciate your input.
We are proud to be one of few inns in the area that are truly PET FRIENDLY and, as advertised, there is no charge or deposit to bring along your furry travel companions!
Thank you for sharing this review and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you require lodging in the area!

Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Room was great, had been redone recently from the looks of it. Price was great. No complaints about the hotel itself. Got to listen to a very disgruntled front desk person complain about management endlessly. This was the only "blemish" on my stay. Would consider coming back if I didn't have to listen to the angry life and times of Ashley again. The gentleman who checked me out was much more professional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear annGEH,

Thank you very much for sharing your review and bringing this matter to my attention. I want to express how disappointed I was to read this review. True to the ideals of the Red Roof Brand, we hold our guests satisfaction of utmost importance and, our level of service has been a large area of pride for our inn. I regret that your experience was not at the caliber we wish to deliver.
On behalf of my staff, I would like to forward my personal apology for not exceeding your expectations. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 616.942.0800 or via email at i0011@redroof.com if you would like to discuss specifics regarding the incident. We do hope that our apology will in some way go towards renewing your faith in our brand and thank you again for sharing your review.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had stayed at this property previously prior to the rennovations and found it to be very clean. The outside looks the same, but all of the rooms have been rennovated. It is like staying at a brand new property.The front desk clerks were very friendly at checkin and checkout. The bed and pillows were both comfortable. The internet connection worked well. Both the sink and shower drained well. The air conditioning unit was not overly noisey. You cannot beat the price. There is only coffee and a newspaper in the morning, but there are plenty of fast food or sit down restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Etzella,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! What I appreciate most about this review is that it provides us with an opportunity to better describe the work that has gone into this facility since our purchase of the property last November.

Our entire team has worked tirelessly to revamp numerous aspects of our guests experience and it is such a delight to hear that our guests are noticing these fabulous changes! I agree with you; “Don’t let the outside fool you,” haha! Although we have just finished painting the exterior of the building, from outside we still appear as another run of the mill motel/inn. Despite this, we hope more guests like you give us a chance to show them how far their dollar can go!

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked the Red Roof Inn knowing that it'd be cheap with just a place to lay my head this labor day weekend when i went to muskegon and ludington, Michigan. All the hotels in those areas were quite expensive as i booked last minute. I came upon this hotel for a great price figuring it'd be nothing special but probably fairly clean. I was pleasantly surprised when i opened the door to find a really nice bathroom, very clean rooms, and a flat screen tv. Definitely worth the money if you are looking for a place to stay for a couple of nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear justinbbfc,

Thank you for reviewing our property! I am delighted to hear that we were successful in our aim to exceed your expectations in regards to the cleanliness and appearance of the room as well as provide you, our guest, with a value unmatched by our competitors. We truly appreciate your encouraging review and hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area!

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was my second experience at a Red Roof Inn. They must be doing something right. From the looks of the outside of this property it is a conventional 50's or 60's era motel -- but the rooms have been refreshed and provide comfortable efficient accommodations. The fabrics were new. The lighting was excellent. The flat screen TV was new. The bathroom fixtures were modern and attractive. The desk area was cleverly appointed.

I was picked up at the airport, welcomed by name at the desk, and picked up at 4:45 AM by a friendly driver -- who as early.

A great value. 5 minutes from GRI.

Room Tip: One note -- I could have left for the airport a half hour earlier and still had time to space. Leavi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Andy,

Thank you for your fantastic and very encouraging review! Here at Red Roof Inn we pride ourselves on delivering a hassle-free hotel experience complete with clean, comfortable rooms and friendly service at an amazing value without having to pass on the usual strain on our guests’ wallets. I am delighted to hear that we were successful in providing you with the experience we aim to deliver to all of our wonderful guests. We know that you have a choice in accommodations in the area and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

Ami Tricomo

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!