“Simple and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Willis, Michigan
“Simple and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The front desk staff on every shift was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Everything you need in a hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: I had a room in the back. No traffic noise & no passing cars or people.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our inn. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do try to keep everything simple, clean and a good value. I have already shared your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Basic motel,friendly staff, very clean, very reasonable and PET FRIENDLY with no added charge. Always our go-to motel when traveling with the hound! Plus...free wi fi and a USA Today on the door in the morning. As others have said..no frills, but unbeatable for the price and amenities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt it was a good value for your money. I will pass on your nice comments to our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again when your in Grand Rapids.
Oxford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The staff was great took care of our minor requests very quickly.Not a huge fancy place but you are not paying for it either.Room was clean air worked great we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of our inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt we had an excellent staff. I will pass on your nice comments to our staff. They always enjoying hearing positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and provided everything one person could ask for. It is aliitle rough but better than expected. More toiletries could be offered. I was comfortable.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank your for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and felt it was a good value for your money. We try hard to provide great service and a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price. I will pass on your comments to our staff. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Based on reading the prior reviews, I booked a room at the property. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Both the sink and tub drained well. Shower pressure was adequate. The room did show some age and it would be a good idea to bring your own toiletries since the the ones provided were very limited. The rooms do not have a refrigerator or microwave and there is no continental breakfast in the morning, only coffee. However, there is a McDonalds within walking distance and there are plenty of restuarants and retail stores down the street. The front staff both at night and in the morning were very pleasant. I even received a phone call back in the morning making sure I received my proper wake-up call. I did have an issue in receiving a weak internet signal and my room was located across from the office. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
redroof11, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Etzalla
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I will make sure to share this with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guest is always welcome as we strive to continuously try to improve our quality and service.
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We checked in after 10 p.m. with no reservation. The desk clerk was very friendly and gave me a choice of a ground level or second floor room. I originally told her the room was for two but while we were talking I said I was with my daughter. The clerk asked how old my daughter was and then adjusted the price of the room as children stay free.

The room was dated but very clean and odor free. Beds felt older but were comfortable. Room was no-frills but everything was clean and tidy. There were only three things I'd have changed about the room: 1., More power outlets; 2. A cover on the toilet (it's a rather small bathroom and it would be good to have another surface to put your clothes or towels on); 3. A fan in the bathroom (there was no separate control for a fan and I'm not sure that there was one.). There was a nightlight next to the bathroom light switch - that was a nice touch. The water pressure in the shower was amazing but I felt guilty because it obviously was not low flow! :-)

There is a 24-hour McDonald's right outside the motel and a gas station on the other side of the parking lot. and it's right off the highway. Great location for weary travelers!

The parking lot was in disrepair and I wasn't able to park outside of our room because there were two giant potholes there. For only $50 a night, the place was in much better condition than I'd expected.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if you want to avoid lugging your items up the stairs - I didn't see any...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Becky55110
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

So, what do you do when it's a snowcalypse kind of night, your friends didn't make it to you because of ICY roads, and you don't want to become the next car wreck while driving to them? CHEAP MOTEL NIGHT! Red Roof was simple to book online, inexpensive, and surprisingly clean. Even in the snow, it was an easy walk next door to buy a hot apple pie, a much better ending to the day than sliding into a ditch

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear JCH62
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post such a nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and didn't have to drive any further on icy roads. I will make sure to share your nice comments with the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!