“Very Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport

You added DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4747 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512 (Formerly Hilton Grand Rapids Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fremont, Michigan
“Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Food in lounge was very good. Only negative were the booths in the lounge which was the only place set up to seat 4 persons. The cushions are long past worn out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very pleasant stay in a Hilton property that is the best in Grand Rapids. I would stay there again, the bar and food are fine and the overall experience is fine. Conference facilities were well organized, we will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Galena, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is average at best - especially for a Hilton. The guest rooms are very small and need updates and renovations. The furnishings and furniture were worn and seemed dirty. The bathrooms seemed a little newer but were extremely small.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Elijah W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hi Lacey,

I'm disappointed that you didn't have the experience that you were expecting during your stay with us. I will let you know that we are expecting to start a multi million dollar renovation early next year that will address most of the issues that you had in your room. We are all thrilled to see the finished product as it will be a terrific upgrade to the hotel. I hope that you can make it back sometime after completion to see it.
chicago, illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Traveled with daughter and granddaughter. Room was clean, slightly larger than average hotel room. Bed linens were excellent! No trouble sleeping. While the parking lot was full the hotel was quiet. Maybe some people leave cars here when they travel out of town. No noise from the airport traffic. Only downside was some questionable gunk seen on bathroom ceiling. Not a lot but noticeable. Did not use swimming pool so cannot comment. Restaurant was surprisingly good with a mostly seafood menu. Who knew the middle of Michigan could do such good seafood! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience with us. I love the Hilton bedding as well. I always sleep so well when I travel to Hiltons as well.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The rooms were very comfortable, and the hotel restaurant/bar The Spinnaker was pretty good. The locals I talked to actually referred to me staying at the Spinnaker than staying at the Hilton. Reception was fantastic and helped me with a few non-issues I had...they even let me check in a a good number of hours early which helped me out greatly.

This is the first Hilton I stayed at that there were no bellboys at the door to help with luggage...normally I manhandle my own stuff, but this time I was travelling with my wife and two small kids and would have accepted some help. From another review that I read, I can confirm that this hotel doesnt have that much staff on hand.

The only real complaint is the housekeeping was not very consistent...I stayed 5 nights and nearly everyday there was small trash items overlooked in my room, dirty drinking glasses were not replaced, etc. Wasnt that big of a deal, but it is not something you expect when staying at a Hilton.

The pool area was just fine. They had a workout room which I did not use, but I did peek in and looked nice as well. They also had a walk-in sauna, but I couldnt get it to work.

I did enjoy my stay here, but it did feel more like a Hampton Inn than a Hilton Hotel. But on the flip-side, they included free wi-fi which worked great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Andrew,

I get that same reaction from a lot of the locals when they call, "Is this the one with the Spinnaker?". I think it speaks to the long standing reputation that it has with the city of Grand Rapids. I apologize that you were forced to struggle with your luggage to your room. Our bellman is also our van driver, so perhaps he was picking up or delivering someone to the airport.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us, and I'm happy that it was a good one for the most part.
St. Paul, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I liked that they had apples at the front desk, and the cleaning/help staff were so friendly in every interaction I had with them. The bathroom sink did not drain properly, but I forgot to report it so I didn't get the opportunity to see if they'd fix things. I found the pool cold, but that's usually the case for me. There were no towels in the pool area for about an hour for quests, but just when we were about to leave the pool they were delivered. It sucked that I paid for the breakfast buffet for my kids and I with my reservation but they didn't even open early enough for me to go on 1 of the 2 days I stayed due to my eldest daughter's competition start time we were in town for. I was pretty happy with the hotel stay though and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Hi Leah,

The guests have a love/hate relationship with the apples. There are 2 kinds of people in the world, people who like apples, and people who need cookies. I'm happy you liked them. If you contact me directly, I might be able to work something out for the breakfast coupons that you were not able to use.
Sault Ste Marie, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Friendly staff who greet you as a Hilton Honors member. Apples available at the check-in counter all day long. Nice, warm and cozy fireplace in a dropped down part of the lobby. The beds are very comfortable and lots of pillows.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!