“Good thing rooms are inexpensive...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Beer City Tour!
Ranked #22 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Western Michigan
“Good thing rooms are inexpensive...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This property has a good location relative to the airport, but is in desperate need of renovation. While the property is extremely tired, the staff are always very friendly and helpful. I've paid as little as $99 per night here, but the rooms remind me of an older format Hampton Inn. Hilton help Grand Rapids! Your people there deserve it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGrandRapids, General Manager at Hilton Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding the appearance of our hotel. We are currently looking at some possible renovations in the next 12 months or so and I will include your input to our management team. In the meantime, we hope we can have another chance to show you our commitment to great hospitality.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wakarusa, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked through website with no difficulties. Clean, comfortable, nice room for reasonable cost. Helpful staff and restaurant bar open late. Would definitely stay again. Easy access to freeway and only 15 minutes to downtown. Free coffee in the morning and tea throughout day in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
La Grange, Illinois, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for the Grands Rapid Marathon on 10/21. We checked in on Friday when the lobby was packed with Amway conventioneers waiting for a bus. I should have realized then that was a bad omen for later. When these folks returned well after midnight, they were very noisy walking past our room with loud voices, laughing, and doors slamming. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well. The next morning I requested to move to the end of a higher floor which the front desk accommodated nicely. They also accommodated my late checkout request for Sunday. Saturday, around midnight, some young female was sitting in the hallway outside our room talking on our cell phone until my wife politely told her to stop. While I don't fault the hotel for these rude people, the hotel's sound insulation was horrible. We could have just left our room door open.

Room Tip: Top floor which is the fourth and end of the hall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonGrandRapids, General Manager at Hilton Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods - we regret that noise was disruptive to you. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I won a gift certificate from the Susan G. Komen in West Michigan last year. My husband and I decided to stay in the hotel after we did the Race for the Cure on Saturday morning to celebrate my one year survivorship of breast cancer. When checking into the hotel, there was a SGK sticky note on my certificate and I was still dressed all in pink. I laughed and told them we were celebrating my one year of being cancer free and were going to eat at the Spinnaker and just chill out. Once I went to the car to get my luggage, they stopped us on the way back in and asked if they could send up champaign to our room to help us celebrate. I was floored. I didn't say anything in hopes of free stuff but they totally went out of their way. THEN when they called to say it was on it's way up, they informed my spouse they were sending chocolate strawberries too! The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The service at the Spinnaker was great. We sat on the bar side and had EXCELLENT food. There was even a wedding there, which made moving around the hotel a bit more difficult, but they did an excellent job at keeping the noise down from the party. Very impressed. What an amazing weekend. Thank you for making it so special!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and enjoyed it very much.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Morro Bay, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stay in the Cascade/28th Street area a couple times each year while visiting family. In the past I've had horrible stays at the Courtyard, Crowne Plaza, and even this Hilton, but after reading abou their recent renovation I decided to try the Hilton again. I'm glad I did. We got a fourth floor renovated room and it was nice and very quiet (a problem in the past). Clean, new amenities, updated decor. The only thing that still bugs me, and in my opinion is the difference between a 3 and 4 star hotel, is that the bathrooms are so small you have to practically step over the toilet to get out of the shower. The morning breakfast buffet in Spinnakers is good - above average for hotels. Courteous desk, punctual airport transport, clean and modern (albeit a bit small) gym. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room - I don't think they all are. 4th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Staying here for business. Was told by the front desk before I left for dinner the AC would not kick off with the energy saver motion detector. Room is warm when returning and sleeping. Rm 220. Will not stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here and put on a seminar here. Very nice accommodations for both. Very close to airport with convenient free shuttle. Staff is friendly and helpful. Facility clean, quiet,
Comfortable and businesslike. I'd stay here again or use their banquet facilities again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Hilton Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!