“Came for one night...stayed for three!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bluewater Inn and Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Haven
Bluewater Inn and Suites
You added Bluewater Inn and Suites to your Saves list
1030 S. Harbor, Grand Haven, MI 49417   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Grand Haven B&B and Inns
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Came for one night...stayed for three!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My daughter and I had plans to road trip to Traverse City. It was getting too late to continue on the first evening so we picked up a Grand Haven area pamphlet and only considered contacting Bluewater Inn because of it's location on the map. We had no clue what we were getting ourselves into but were delightfully surprised at the welcoming staff (Kelsey and Joe), adorable-clean rooms, and fantastic location (right across from the lake). We ended up staying three nights, enjoyed walking the beach and boardwalk, beautiful sunsets and lighthouse, quaint downtown shops and restaurants. We would go back in a heart beat. By the way, we never made it any farther north on our road trip - didn't have to!

THANKS to our wonderful inn keepers - Kelsey and Joe - keep up the great job! You are the best.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The location of this inn can't be beat, right across from the state park beach. The rooms are incredibly clean, if basic. The people who run this place are incredibly friendly and helpful. It would be awesome to stay there for a family! The price was right, cheaper than any chain, and everything was awesome. They do ask guests to be respectful of each other as far as being quiet at night, but it's hard with young kids and the general excitement of being on a beach vacation, so do bring earplugs so you can get to sleep. It's not the proprietors fault, but the rooms are right on top of each other.They don't have maid service, but they do have laundry facilities. The rooms could use some general maintenance, but are clean and homey. There was a hand painted dresser in the room that was especially nice. Nice size refrigerator, microwave, and coffee in the room. How can you go wrong? It's not the Ritz, but if you want a good value and a fun time, this is your place!

• Stayed July 2013
Clinton Twp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I came and read the reviews, and a lady below wrote exactly what I felt. She said that she didn't really want to leave such a grand/superb review because she always wants this place to be available when she goes back (thus if nobody knows about it, there will always be vacancy). I giggled as I read her review, because me too, I'd love to keep this place as 'my little secret'.....
Met the owner upon checkout, and he was simply OUTSTANDING!!!
Now as for the room we got, I personally say it was "a little slice of heaven" because we grabbed the room that has the private balcony, along with a seperate bedroom space, living room area, and a full kitchen. Read the reviews people, if you are a lavish person who likes all the Glitz & Glamour of room service and elevators, etc. then this might not be the place for you. It's a charming little place though, and even though I say "if your a lavish person", I still think you could consider this place and it just be "different" from all the rest. I stay in 4 star hotels all the time. My husband & I go all out to stay at the "best" places - and this place is just (again) "different" in it's own way, and even the best-of-the-best hotels can't hold a candle to the experience of this room! Now, I am speaking of the room that has the private balcony, I don't know about the other rooms.
Lastly, let me just say this. Our 21 year old daughter (and her friend) went with us on this trip. My daughter explained it best when she said it reminded her of something like "The Jersey Shore" house. Example being, you could look out over the balcony to the people walking, cars driving, and all the beach-goers. The beach is dead smack in front of you! I wish I could convey my feelings better, but if you can, try to check this little joint out. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and GUARANTEE a wonderful experience. Get a bottle of wine (or beers, or whatever you prefer), and watch the sunset (from the balcony) fall into the water.
It's magnificent people - MY WORD!
Deb Burns

Room Tip: We stayed in 3K - the room with the balcony that faces the water.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have two kids who don't share a bed so we are always trying to find a place that has at least three beds, won't break the bank, and still is in a good location, etc. This fits the bill! We had a big main room with one bed and a living room area, a dining table and the kitchen plus, up several stairs, a room that you could separate with curtains with two more queen size beds (maybe full - not sure). It is very light and airy and everything looked fresh and clean. We had everything we needed - dishes, grill, laundry, plenty of towels, comfy beds, etc. We really enjoyed the little patio that was attached where we had dinner one night. The people who worked there were very nice. I went to do laundry and someone appeared to show me how to use the machines - you pay $2 and use them as much as you want. We went to light the grill and again someone appeared to make sure we knew how to use it. The beach is directly across the street so our kids could play over there in the evening while we chilled on the patio. It is also right on the bike path and very close to restaurants, etc. Great location!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dansville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My girlfriends and I get together once a year as we live across the country from one another as we were all army wives. This place was very cute with a great location however; the walls are so thin you can hear everything. The morning after the first night the manager talked to my pregnant friend and asked us how many people were in our room (4) and told us there is a quiet after 10pm policy and that they aren't a "party hotel". The second night were talking one night quietly and the the tv was on and the guest next to us banged on the wall to tell us to "be quiet". We couldn't even talk. If anyone is planning to stay up past 10pm don't stay here!!! You will get yelled at for being "loud" as talking is prohibited. Maybe this place should invest in some insulation, I was very insulted and won't stay here again as we spent a lot of money to have a nice relaxing weekend and TALK and catch up with each other.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is one of those places that I don't want to recommend so that a room is available for me when I want it :) We had a fabulous stay here; the rooms are clean & cheery, the deck is great, and the location right across from the State Park cannot be beat. Many restaurants are within walking distance. Jake and Kelsey were both very helpful and friendly. This is a great place to sit on the deck and meet new friends. If you want 24-hour service and polished surroundings, this is not for you; if you are more relaxed and laid-back, you will love this Inn. One note to the owners, which I hope you find helpful, is it would be nice to have more umbrellas on the deck as it's quite hot later in the day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BluewaterInnStaff, Front Office Manager at Bluewater Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Bluewater Inn and Suites. Our staff works very hard to make sure all of our rooms as well as our facility are thoroughly cleaned. We appreciated your comments and have rearranged our balcony which has allowed us to add more umbrellas and tables for our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again soon!

Jake B.
Bluewater Inn and Suites
(616) 846-7431
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped here on a whim heading home from Traverse City. We were on our way after having lunch in Grand Haven to Saugatuk to find a place to stay. When we drove by the Bluewater we saw the "Vacancy" sign and did a u-turn. It was 1 week before our anniversary, which was going to be on Mother's Day, so we decided to celebrate a week early. We went in and told Mike it was our anny, which to us it was, and he gave us a lovely room overlooking the beach with a fantastic patio! It was May 5th and a sunday afternoon so they weren't too busy and he gave us a great deal for our anniversary! It was a perfect day! We went to the beach and stuck our toes in the sand on an 80 degree day in early May. Then went back to room to clean up and have our own romantic happy hour on our deck and went back to beach for sunset. Then out for dinner in GH at the Snug Harbor. It was a lovely evening! Made for a perfect anniversary! Thanks Mike!

Room Tip: I think they're all pretty cool. It's an older place but in a quaint way. Some rooms have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BluewaterInnStaff, Front Office Manager at Bluewater Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Bluewater Inn staff, I would like to thank you for your review on our hotel. We love it when our guests decide to stay with us on a whim. I am happy to hear we could help make your anniversary special. I am also delighted in knowing that you were able to enjoy the beach and downtown while you stayed with us. Hopefully you will come visit us again soon!

Respectfully Yours,
Jake B.
The Bluewater Inn and Suites

Been to Bluewater Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!