“Outstanding staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Grand Blanc

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Grand Blanc to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9040 Holly Road, Grand Blanc, MI 48439 (Formerly AmeriHost Inn Grand Blanc/Flint Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Grand Blanc
Fairdealing, Kentucky, United States
“Outstanding staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel were on-the-whole warm and most-helpful to a large group of strangers.
On my recent rtip to Grand Blanc, Michigan I stayed at this establishment. I had an ailing wife and was unfamiliar with the area so locating a pharmacy was going to be a "hit-or-miss" ordeal. Fortunately I met Ms. Sarah Walters (General Manager). She volunteered her time and resources to get the items I requested.
While the hotel was clean and well-kept it was the staff that was really outstanding.
-Tom rundles

Room Tip: Call ahead, explain what you want, they will try to accomodate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sarah W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Grand Blanc, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Mr Rundles,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! You (and your group) were an absolute joy to accomodate. I know I certainly appreciated the conversation during my third shift :). I am so sorry your wife wasn't feeling well, and I am so pleased I was able to help! This flu season was a bad one.

Thank you again Tom, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you and your wife again should you ever be back in the area. Even if its only to stop in and grab a cup of coffe.

Warm Regards,

Sarah Walters
Swalters@pinnaclepmg.com

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grand Blanc, Michigan , Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

When home furnace failed, I was forced to find a warm room for the night. I should have been concerned when I found a packed parking lot. The hotel was full that night, which made for
a noisy stay. When I called the desk to complain about rampaging kids at midnight, Mike, the nice young man at the desk, did come up and tried to get them to calm down, but, really, there wasn't a lot he could do without parental support. The rooms were a tad on the small size, especially the bathroom but they were frightfully clean with nice ameneties. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was fantasic. The scrambled eggs and bacon were a nice surprised. At check-out, the new desk clerk, Cali, apologized for the noise and offered me a deal on the next night as recompense if I should need it. I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Buena Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was suprised to find such a clean, modern hotel. The staff was the nicest I have experienced in a long time. From the desk clerks to the housekeeping a big thank you for making our stay so nice. The pool was wonderful and I enjoyed having it to myself.
Breakfast was ok not super but ok and it filled us up. I would recommened this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had! They have waffles eggs and bacon, which I thought was way better than just boxed cereals and bagels. The room was extremely clean and well kept. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed for a few nights.

First, the positives: Good location (off the highway), nice breakfast selection, overall friendly staff. Fairly clean. Loved that the room had a fridge and microwave.

Negatives: Our room and the entire second floor hallway reeked of smoke even though this is advertised as a non-smoking hotel. The smoke smell settled in our shower curtain and linens and didn't get any better at all during our 4 day stay. There is only one person who works the night shift, so nobody is able to "monitor" the floors in the evening. Each night there were people shouting, running, and slamming doors on the second floor. Our last night was especially awful - a family/group stayed on our floor and started partying around 11 p.m. and were still going when we checked out at 4 a.m. to catch our flight. We alerted the front desk, and he said there were other complaints about this group from several other guests and they had been kicked out of the pool area at 3 a.m. for being so loud. They were in the halls with bottles of booze and smoking and shouting to each other down the hallway. He said since it was just him, he couldn't monitor them, but how many complaints should he have gotten before they were asked to leave? Overall it was a nice stay. His attitude seemed like he was shrugging it off and there wasn't much he could do.

Overall, it has a basic motel feel - fairly clean but not exceptional. Good if you are traveling and need a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We were attending a wedding in Grand Blanc and a block of rooms had been reserved at this hotel for guests. As I am a person who is allergic to dogs and cats, we had concerns as it is a pet friendly hotel. When I called, the front desk person said pets were restricted to a section of rooms on the first floor so they booked us into a room on the second floor, well away from the pet friendly section. The first day we were there, as I was leaving our room, I heard a dog barking in the room right across the hall! When I said something to the person at the front desk, they said they had made an exception for this particular guest as he was staying at the hotel long-term. I tried to explain that dog/cat allergens can linger in a room long after the pet is gone and it would be a problem for an allergy/asthma sufferer to have that room, they didn't seem to understand the issue.

Our room was clean, but rather small in size. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet - hot, scrambled eggs with bacon/sausage as well as the typical breakfast buffet items.

Internet service was spotty. We were able to access the internet on Saturday, but not on Sunday or Monday morning. We were told that they were having a tech person come look at the problem sometime on Monday.

The pool area was lovely and very clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hudsonville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nicely updated, very clean hotel. Comfortable accomodations. We didn't use the pool area, but it appeared clean and well kept. Breakfast was your normal hot buffet style. The staff was keeping it well stocked. The eating establishments are limited immediately around the hotel, but more selections are a short drive away. Just ask the helpful desk staff for directions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!