“"stay away would rather sleep under a ripped tent"” 1 of 5 stars

You added Knights Inn Bishop Airport to your Saves list
Knights Inn Bishop Airport
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2435 W. Grand Blanc Rd., Grand Blanc, MI 48439   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Grand Blanc
“"stay away would rather sleep under a ripped tent"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

was the worst unclean place I've ever seen, in a motel. dirty, stained, smelly, Then got nothing but a hassle when i asked for a different room, asked for my deposit back and got the run around about paying for a full nights charge for cancelling. Would not recommend this place for anyone, go further up the road. Its not worth the savings!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
tina s, Manager at Knights Inn Bishop Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
My records do not show anyone registered by your name checking-in. Please only show your honest review if it personally relate to you.

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Grand Blanc, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

First told me there wasn't any 1 bed rooms then I get there and half the building is empty with literally only 7 cars in the entire lot. So I pay for the 2 bed and was told that someone cleans the room every day. I get in the room and there's stains all over the floor, the bathroom is falling apart, there's what looks like a dumped ash tray next to the TV, weed that was broken up by whomever stayed last (should of kept it). The window states free WiFi, which doesn't work. So I call back and ask for a different room to be informed that there are not any 2 beds left either and that Comcast is down in the area. I ask for a refund and he states that he has to charge me 25 for a fee, I say fine just give me my money back. Get back to the front office and am told that he has to charge me one full night. I call Comcast and there isn't anything wrong, but the building itself doesn't have service. I said screw everything! If you travel just a few miles down the road and get off at Bristol and stay at the Econo it is a much better place by far and CHEAPER!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Your accusations to this property is unjustified. Firstly it took you 2hrs to complain about the room and wanted full refund. I would have taken concentration if you would have come right away. Secondly the room was investigated by 3 separate person after your checked out and failed to find anything wrong with the room. There was no dumped ashtray or weed seen at all. The bathroom was in perfect condition as well and was NOT falling apart. I am sorry that we could not provide free WiFi on that day since we had some technical issue and was fixed the very next day by a Comcast technician.
Any business can deal with unexpected issues. Hope you can understand that. You could notice 7 cars in the property right away but it took you 2hrs to bring this matter to the manager. It was a good try to get full refund but would have appreciated some honesty in this situation. We have refund policy and we were just doing our job.
Flint, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed there in a non smoking room the room was polluted with a smoke smell the sheets was not clean and theu was stained.I had to get fresh sheets then I noticed the bed spread had a odor. You can tell it has not been washed in months.I bought my own conforters to sleep on.notified the front desk and it's hard to get n contact with them when I finally did the owner had the nastiest attitude ever. She was so rude she have no respect I will never stay n that dump again

• Stayed February 2014
Michigan City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had stayed at this knights Inn last year, and the property looks very upgraded since then. The new management is doing a great job. Very friendly staff and great location right off US 23. Rooms are clean but hoped if had flat screen TV's. With the great pricing free WiFi was provided.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Grand Blanc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I warn anyone who's considering staying here....STAY AWAY!! This is absolutely the most disgraceful place I ever spent money for a nights sleep!! This place should be condemned by the health dept.
The bathroom was so incredibly disgusting, I never seen anything like it, EVER!
The tile in the shower was so moldy and dirty. The toilet was worse than words can describe. It was so filthy, it looked like it had not been cleaned in 2 years. It had layers of urine on the rim and down the sides of the bowl, It had dried feces on the back of the seat and under the lid. inside the bowl was completely yellow/brown and rimmed in mold.

Further I had problems with the internet and none, not one TV channel came in well enough to watch anything.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Adrian, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Holy nastiness!!!! Discussing ..... Disgusting!!!! Discussing!!!!

When I walked into the lobby it smelled of cigarette smoke. I asked for a clean room. When I went into my room, it smelled of cheap perfume!!!! Not just a little, but drenched! I pulled back the bed spread and there was blood or some kind of bodily fluid on the sheets as well as hair and cigarette burns!!!

I attempted to get a refund, but the attendant didn't know how!! I left and went to the Marriott which took care of me after telling them of the horrible experience at Knights Inn!

I'm a soldier in the Army and have slept in many places. Afghanistan was cleaner than the Knights Inn! DO NOT STAY HERE! I would rather pay for cleaner hotel!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I will not recommend this hotel for anyone!

When we arrived, we were greeted with "Welcome to Knight's Inn . . . You owe me $30." The franchise charges additional money for more than two guests. I had thought that when I registered, I had done so with the specific amount of people in my party. However, even if this had not been the case, there are FAR more tactful ways to explain to a guest that additional payment is necessary.

Next, when we entered the room, two things were very apparent. First, that maintenance had not been inside of the room in months. Second, that this had, for a long time, been a smoking room despite the sign which said "No-smoking". The floors had large amounts of dirt hidden behind corners and around the bed. Likewise, the bathroom condition was on par with that of many truck stops after lunch rush. Also, I didn't want to expose my child to second-hand skoke, no matter how old.

However, we decided to go on to our destination and do our best to ignore the conditions. When, we returned to our room after our event, we turned down the beds to get ready for sleep. That's when we discovered a huge stain on the bed sheets of our bed. While we did get in at 2 AM, we expected someone to be available to assist us with getting new sheets. We were sadly mistaken. We tried for nearly twenty minutes to reach the front desk. We kept receiving an automated recording which re directed us to itself. We ended up throwing a towel over the stain to avoid sleeping in it.

When we woke up, we decided to skip showering since it was clear from the staining and standing dirt, that the tub had not been cleaned in a very long time.

I know everybody's experiences will be different. Some people may have had better dealings than we did. Maybe we caught the manager on a bad day. Regardless, this was one of the worst hotel stays I have EVER had. Needless to say, we will NOT be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere at exit 90 on US 23 . . . it's closer to the airport; there are a larger number o...