Our stay at the Sylvan Inn rivaled any B&B experience we've ever had. Ralph & Rose are awesome innkeepers. Whenever we asked for ideas for things to do in the area, they always had great suggestions, and they took the time to direct us to things off the beaten path. Within minutes of arriving and finding out about what we might like, Rose directed us to a beach area on Lake Michigan which was virtually private. Their suggestions for places to eat were perfect, and they helped with reservations when needed.
The Treetop Room was wonderful. It's not just a clever name. The room includes a deck that is literally among the treetops. The room was spacious and included a shower skylight. The on-site sauna was the perfect way to relax at the end of a day of hiking and sightseeing.
The Glen Arbor area is beautiful. We quickly filled two days, and then decided to add another!
We'll be going back. Soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful historic 14 room Inn in the heart of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Park. Walk to charming downtown Glen Arbor for boutique shopping, art galleries, restaurants and more. 2 Blocks to beach! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Sylvan Inn Bed And Breakfast
- The Sylvan Hotel Glen Arbor
- The Sylvan Inn Bed & Breakfast Michigan/Glen Arbor