“Simply awful...” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Ohio
“Simply awful...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

So many restaurants in Gaylord are closed on Sunday that we wound up here. The only thing that was good was the guacamole made tableside although the waitress added seasoning salt first thing and it made the guac too salty. Beyond that, chopped jalapenos she added tasted like green bell peppers, no kick at all. Ultimate Margarita was large but quite sweet. Red salsa had no flavor and celery was an ingredient. Huh? Chips were out of a bag and the green salsa tasted only of vinegar.

For our main dishes, he got the carnitas fajitas which was a gloppy mess covered with cheese, and she got the chicken fajita burrito which was boring and flavorless. The kitchen-made guacamole that came with it was disgusting, with mayo as the major component. The refried beans were congealed on the plate, and the Spanish rice came straight out of a can. Brother-in-law had a wet burrito and he complained the sauce tasted like barbecue sauce. You're better off going to the Qdoba across the street.

This is my first review, and I felt compelled to share our experience as the reasonably favorable reviews led us to try this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Northern Mich chain, but surprisingly good fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have had some excellent Mexican down in Mexican village in Detroit, thus, I use that to measure this place.

It was clean. Lots of Mexican style decor. Seating was average and can be found in most restaurants. The food was very good and they offered $4.99 lunch specials which we opted for. Not hefty portions but we didn't want a lot. One of us did get an entree from the non-lunch special menu and it was easily 2 times as much food.

The salsa was quite mild. Even the green which was the 'hot' of the two was mild. I normally shy away from 'hot' salsa and at times find the 'milder' option to have a bit of a kick. Neither one of these did. It was my only complaint if I had one. I wasn't there for their chips and salsa so no biggie.

Value was good. Think it was $9 for my friends 'normal' entree and it was quite a bit of food.

Margaritas was very good and lots of options.

Visited July 2012
Comins, Michigan
“Always a treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I like this La Senorita more than others in the Northern Michigan area. Service is consistently good. Drinks refills are quick and meals are always prepared as requested.

Visited May 2012
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Dinner we had there was very nice. It was good to see the resturant manager stopping by each table to check on the guests.

Visited July 2012
Alpena
“Our Mexican sojurn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Where I come from all we have is Taco Bell. Sigh. So whenever I go to Gaylord, I try to encourage (wheedle, whine, or growl) the others in our group to eat at La Senorita. Why? NICE People. Nice kitshcy atmosphere. Nice food & drinks. I like Margaritas. I don't like FROZEN, or on the rocks... my teeth howl NOOOOO. You'd be surprised at the places who say this is the only way you can have one. (like los cuatro amigos in Tawas north) I used to tend bar, you can have it any way you want it. The folks at La Senorita go the extra mile to make me a happy camper. Tasty food, pleasant surroundings, Works for ME!

Visited May 2012