“I've never been disappointed here.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Gaylord
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“I've never been disappointed here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I travel around Michigan and we are big food buffs so we love going to restaurants that are new to us. Many places we visit are either decent or pretty good only because we feel that we could cook it at home ourselves and do it better. Whenever my boyfriend and I go to Gaylord, this is the restaurant we eat at. We have tried the others and some of them do have some pretty tasty dishes, but Bennethums has a unique menu with exceptionally flavored dishes. I have never ordered something there that I disliked. Sometimes my boyfriend and I go and order only appetizers. The Saganaki Opa is so delicious and I also love the havarti baked shrimp. My boyfriend is a meat-eater for sure and normally really hates vegetables, but I had him try my duck spring rolls and now he orders them every time we go there. I love mushrooms! Everytime I go I find a new mushroom dish to order. I've had the mushroom ravioli, the mushroom tortellini, and most recently the mushroom bisque to name a few. Outstanding flavors! However, this place isn't the cheapest, but there is a reason for that. You can afford to charge a little extra if your food is this amazing. If you are in Gaylord, Heck, even if you are an hour out, you must try Bennethums. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

ok food - need to have a reservation - walked in on a Saturday around 8 pm with no reservation and was almost turned away but put at a high top table. Food just ok - about $25.00 a person. Hambergers don't even come with fries it is extra. Fries are homemade but soggy. They brougt you bread for free but it was dough and not cooked.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Worth stopping at while in Gaylord”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food, atmosphere and service are always excellent. Every part of the service is pleasant from being greeted at the door, being seated, served and the care they give you throughout the entire experience. The food is excellent, creative and I'm always looking forward to the specials the chef highlights. The entire atmosphere encourages an excellent dining experience. Highly recommend to anyone passing through Gaylord.

• Visited February 2013
Naples, Florida
“Great restaurant, Creative Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I live within 20 miles of this restaurant and it has been a favorite since we moved "up north" ten years ago.
The food is consistently good and the owner does a great job in adding different and creative items to the menu.
This is a "special occasion" restaurant as there are not many of this caliber in the area
We highly recommend it! You won't be sorry!

Visited October 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A very special restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is our favorite restaurant when we want something special. The changing menu always keeps us interested and the variety of beers on tap are mostly local brews. Very helpful service. We have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2013