“Rooms are Dirty & Outdated, Some of the Golf Courses Were Nice” 2 of 5 stars

Treetops Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3962 Wilkinson Road, Gaylord, MI 49735   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Gaylord
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Rooms are Dirty & Outdated, Some of the Golf Courses Were Nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We traveled with our friends to Tree Tops in Gaylord. The guys golfed and the women did everything they could to not be at the resort. The rooms are very large (the only plus side) BUT they are EXTREMELY OUTDATED and DIRTY. Our air conditioning never worked, it just blew out humid, mildew smelling air. My husband found a bug in our bed (not bed bugs but still gross). The beds don't have mattress pad covers on them, which grossed me out the most, so I felt like I couldn't sleep under the covers. The furniture has NEVER been cleaned I am sure of. The guys said the "Masterpiece" golf course is nothing special but the "Traditions" was very nice. I guess my suggestion would be to Golf but not stay here. Gaylord doesn't really have a whole lot to offer as my girlfriend and I had to get our nails done at Walmart, we also went to the movie theater but they only accept CASH so be prepared. Big Buck Brewing Company has some really good craft beer, food is okay. I don't feel the need to ever go back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
TreetopsResort, Front Office Manager at Treetops Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at Treetops. I have addressed the cleanliness issues with housekeeping, and the problems you had with the air have been reported to our maintenance department.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Tree Tops Golf resort and conference center, golf weekend in a double wide...
When was this dump been reviewed by the health department, or the fire department?
OLD tired, shabby, Russian architecture (bomb shelter) , bring you own TP
New tech; micro thin walls you can hear other people breath
- Deck off of room no furniture, not a stick…
- Refrigerator can’t cool a bottle of wine.
- Wet bar sink leaks
- Bathroom Ceil/ vent leaking
- Toilet leaks drip, drip, drip
- Shower mold
- Shower head gross!!
- Water pressure?
- Bazaar bath tube, purple from the 70" hide the MOLD and MILDEW
- Old tube Television in monster console can’t viewed for any position
- Heat/ cooling unit stone age and noisy
- Really don’t want to sit anywhere as all the furniture is stained, but really old stains…
- Internet comes and goes…
- Housekeeping what housekeeping, rooms clean by 5 may be, you’ll probably have to ask for towels.
- Great golf courses, sleep in your car it will be better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that both housekeeping and maintenance have been made aware of the problems you dealt with in your room, and they have been taken care of. Our IT department has also addressed the internet connectivity issues. I know no amount of apologizing can replace the bad experience you had during your stay, but we are truly sorry. I would also like to thank you for your honesty regarding your visit to Treetops. It makes us aware of what obstacles we need to overcome in making each guest experience the best it can be. I hope that you will decide to give us another chance to meet or possibly exceed your expectations.
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Room was not ready at check in.Then at 7pm no towels.Housekeeping terrible.They did not show the next day.We had to request housekeeping to clean on the 3rd day.
Rooms are terrible.Shower full of mold. Water leaking from the ceiling in the shower area.Bath tub dangerous. The water in the faucets take forever to get warm never mind hot. Kitchen has NO utensils but 4 cups and 4 mini glasses.
Furniture old, grubby and stained. Room 504 is oppsite a convention room.You can hear the lecture at 7.30am while you are still trying to sleep.
All the service rooms that have open doors are scary to look into.The Health Department would shut them down.There is rot just everywhere.
Internet issues during our entire stay.Security brought the TP.
What a terrible dump !!!! The golf courses are wonderful but I would rather sleep in my car than here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post. I am very sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that those issues have been addressed, and that we will use your feedback to ensure future guests do not encounter the same problems.
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed at Treetops for a overnight golf trip. After reading some of the reviews I was concerned. I booked my room through Hotels.com and got a great rate. Our room had newer bedding, carpet and curtains...but I would have to agree the place still needs to be updated. Our room faced the driving range and we did enjoy having a balcony. The food and service at the resort's sports bar was fair at best. Breakfast at Legends on the Hill was much better. The outdoor pool at the Inn was nice (wish there were towels available outside). We did get a discounted golf rate for the Tradition through the Treetops on-line tee time reservation site. We've stayed at Boyne Mountain, Shanty Creek and now Treetops and would rate them in that order. If we were to stay in the area again we are likely to try The Otsego Club instead.

Room Tip: The rooms at the lodge seem to be nicer than the ones at the Inn.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Woodruff, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I were in a wedding at Treetops and stayed at the Inn the night of the event. Our air conditioning didn't work, our toilet leaked and the bathtub just looked mildewed. Everything in the room just seemed like it needed a bit of an upgrade. We went to a much cheaper hotel in town for the next night and had a better experience. It wasn't the worst place I have stayed in by any means, but I wouldn't go back until they did a little renovating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Booked in thru Group Golfer.com on a 2 days of golf and 1 nighjts stay golf vacation. Was offered a bump up in my room upon check in. Room was excellent, staff resort was all outstanding. The course and people at the course couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I would definitely go back to Treetops resort again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Visit Sugar Bowl in town for an evening meal
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Grosse Ile, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We came for a meeting and stayed at the "lodge". It looked like the last time it was decorated was in the 70's. The room is dark, the furniture is beat up, carpet had chunks missing. The couch and chair were obviously well used with an old white stain oozing down the cushion...eewwww! The whole building was not built with any type of consideration of sound insulating. Conversations in the next room and people walking down the hall are clearly heard as though in your own room. The matresses are like cement blocks with ugly dated bedspreads. The place is clearly WAAAAAAAY past needing an update. No internet in the room, you have to take your computer to the lobby. The outside pool has no chaise lounges. Who sits in a chair to relax in the sun after swimming???? The concrete of the sidewalks are disintegrating. If you don't golf there is really NOTHING to do here. My 2 teens were bored after 2 hrs and we have 3 more days to go....uuugh! Don't waste your time here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the Inn, this building is newer.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Treetops Resort? Share your experiences!