“Every visit, same old thing, wonderful food, hobsons beer, warm welcome.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fighting Cocks Inn

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Stottesdon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
cleobury mortimer
“Every visit, same old thing, wonderful food, hobsons beer, warm welcome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I live close to this pub which is in Shropshire not Worcestershire. Whenever mu extended family have something to celebrate we always choose the fighting cocks Why ?the food is wonderful. Always plenty to choose from the menu. The home made pies are lovely, the gammon is always perfect. Most dishes are under a tenner.
The beer choice always includes Hobsons, 4 chaps I know make a Thursday night visit to eat and drink.
The owners always give a warm welcome, always locals drinking in the bar. Try it you won't be diappointed

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Shop at the Cock!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I love the Cock its my local by choice, no so local! Its a real pub with some eccentric characters, the talk is often about farming or horses. The landlady Sandra can occasionally be off hand and needs to try just a little but harder to be friendly and welcoming all the time not just when it suits her and that is one of the problems with this pub. So Sandra take some advice from me and others around you- be nice ALL of the time! The food is average but better than all the others in the area.

When a diner has had a meal and sits by the fire wouldn't it be nice if the bar staff came over and asked you if you wanted a drink rather than shout up from the bar, when there is only three people in the bar? Ideas like this can also sell you more beer!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Sorry, I don't think the other reviewers ate at the same place! We visited one evening in the summer and had a lovely meal (their home made pies are wonderful) and today we went back there for Sunday lunch. Again, another lovely meal, roast beef cooked how we wanted it, lots of veg and beautiful roast potatoes and yorkshire pud. Being greedy, we managed puddings as well (but only just). Everything was served and presented nicely, with a smile. We were made welcome when we entered the pub and asked if everything was OK during the meal. We were never ignored, Yes, it's small, but it's a country pub with beams and atmosphere in a beautiful setting, obviously family run. If you want to eat at a large anonymous chain pub, avoid this.
We will return.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Dated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Ok.....the service was ok, if a little basic... Good for 'pub grub' the salad dressing bottle had a mouldy cork, the onion rings were not home made and the guest next to us passed wind...eugh!!! Steaks were cooked well and dessert was beautiful! Decor very dated and the outside toilets were not the best part of the night... In fairness they tried and the food was good...reasonably priced... Good homemade chips :)

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant I've been to ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

This is an old country pub but we had heard the food was fantastic and locally produced. But we weren't prepared for the terrible service.

When the 6 of us arrived, nobody took any notice of us even though we had booked a table. Nobody came to greet us. We had to ask somebody where we would be sitting.
We ordered our drinks at the bar, and next to the bar is a chalkboard with the menu on it - you pick your choice and order it at the bar, and seat yourself. The restaurant is absolutely miniscule, with about 4 tables in total. On the chalkboard there was not much choice, a lot of things had been crossed out and there was only one vegetarian option.

I had orderd the duck caserrole. It had not stated it came with kidney. I got quite a shock. I hate any of that stuff liver/kidneys whatever. What was worse was that I actually found a pipe. How disgusting! I did not make a complaint becuase we were there for a friend's birthday, and I didn't want to make a scene, but honestly, this is the worst meal out I have ever had. The waitresses were young girls and did not smile or come to check if our food was ok. I would not reccommend this place to anyone.

• Visited February 2011