“Exceptionally clean and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Inn   |   1117 W Main St, Fremont, MI 49412   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Fremont B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Exceptionally clean and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Harrington Inn the night before picking our son up from Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp. The staff was incredibly friendly, our room was spacious and comfortable, and the entire hotel was immaculately clean. We enjoyed the outdoor pool, and breakfast, while simple, was satisfying. We would definitely stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you, Ms Jones, for your remarks about my staff and the thorough work that they perform on a daily basis to provide a clean environment. It is a pleasure for me, as well, to have such a wonderful group of employees. We trust that your son had a enjoyable time at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp. This area is fortunate to have a camp of this calibur nearby. We enjoy providing lodging for those envolved in one way or another and certainly welcome you back to the Harrington Inn hotel when you are in the West Michigan area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
LaGrange, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed at this place many times over the years on business and I've never had a bad experience. Friendly staff and the place is squeaky clean!! Great exercise room,too! If you want a clean, comfortable, quiet and peaceful rest,this is the place to stay in this area. I will stay again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for being a regular guest at the Harrington Inn hotel over several years and for again taking the time to pass the on word your findings to others about the "squeaky clean" environment provided to guests on a regular basis. My staff tries very hard to please our guests and to avoid errors of any type. We look forward to providing for your lodging needs when travels bring you to the Fremont or West Michigan area.
La Fayette
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was my second time at this hotel. I was in the area for a Benchrest match at the Holton Gun Club. I returned because the hotel is a good value for the money. Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is friendly and efficient and above all else, the cookies are great!

Thanks.
Jack S.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you Jack for your review. It has been our pleasure to provide quality lodging for many of your club members over the past three years. My staff also appreciates your recognition of their efforts to provide a clean environment for every guest. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and will have a fresh-baked cookie waiting.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went back to our hometown for a mini family reunion. I booked 2 rooms for the weekend: 1 for my inlaws and 1 for my husband and me. When I made the reservation they did not have the same room for the two nights so I agreed to switch from a king room the first night to a double queen the next. My inlaws had flown in from out of state and I didn't want to inconvenience them with having to move to a different room so I agreed to make the switch. We received a welcome email, but it did not confirm the dates of our stay. When my husband and I went to check in Friday evening they only had a room for us for the one night. They had not secured the second room for Saturday night, and by this time, they were sold out. The evening clerk tried to get in touch with the person with whom I had made the reservation without luck. We were told there might be a cancellation for Saturday night. When we checked out Saturday morning I left my cell phone number to be notified if they would have a room for us. I got a voicemail that afternoon saying I could stay at a competing hotel about 20 minutes from my family for about $50 more. The most upsetting thing was we never received any sort of apology from the employees for the mistake that was made. They could have apologized or offered us a discount for the one night's stay we did have. Nothing. We rearranged the kids, bunked at a family member's home, and saved ourselves $120. The room was fine, but the rest of the experience was nothing but a hassle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
My staff tries very hard to provide the finest in area lodging. Unfortunately, in your case we had a major failure. We sincerely apologize for failing to properly handle your reservation for the second evening for your second reserved room. We also apologize for the inconveniece this may have caused your local family in arranging for your lodging. Although our hotel tends to be heavily occupied during the summer, we always try to arrange rooms so that guests may remain in one room for the duration of their stay. Often we upgrade, at no additional charge, to accomplish this issue. In your situation, as we were re-arranging rooms, your reservation for the second evening for the second room was missed in the process. We have since added additional safeguards. As the reservation failure was ours, my Operations Manager has issued you a full refund for your first evening. I am pleased that you found your room to be fine and trust your inlaws had a pleasant stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Harrington several times now over the last few years, all of our wedding party stayed there three years ago and this trip we had a birthday party for a relative. The staff at the hotel was so accommodating to us and our whole family (a huge group). They serve cookies and popcorn in the afternoons, which all of the kids loved. all of the staff was so friendly, the rooms are clean and they have the most comfortable beds of any hotel I've stayed at. The rooms are very well insulated and you cannot really here any noise from the hall or other rooms. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you Kelleka for taking the time to inform future guests about the quality of the Harrington hotel, the comfort of your room, and the friendly attitude of my staff. It was our pleasure to provide lodging for your wonderful group. We certainly welcome you back in the future and wish all members of your family the best. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Harrington Inn hotel.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband works for an airline so our Family travels a lot, usually at resort Hotels. We found the Harrington to be a very nice Motel, clean comfortable rooms. It's nicer then I would expect for not being in a resort type town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Sandy for your review. Although this is not a "resort town" it is our policy to provide our guests with the finest in comfort and cleanliness at a reasonable rate. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Quiet, clean, affordable. Easy check-in. I stayed here several years ago and can really appreciate all of the effort and money spent on making the inn a more relaxing and attractive option to a big chain hotel. The artwork and book borrowing shelf are nice touches as were the warm cookies in the afternoon and the warm breakfast sandwiches one could just grab and go--along with the other typical breakfast options for those who could linger. Outdoor pool is perfect and the fountain provides a soothing backdrop amidst lots of greenery--not just a dinky dunk tank on a concrete pad. Will return to the area and to this inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LouMeeuwenberg, Owner at The Harrington Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you, Mindy, for your review and for noticing the many improvements to enhance guest comfort and the beauty of the hotel. Every room now has its own art work, individually selected by the hotel's highest NON-paid employee, my wife. This serves our guests much better than if I selected the art work. Being an avid reader, she also suggested the book borrowing case. Thank you for mentioning it. Being an independent hotel allows us to quickly implement changes to serve our guests. Hopefully, we will see you again when your travels bring you to the West Michigan area.

Been to The Harrington Inn? Share your experiences!